PDA

View Full Version : kitchen sink supports?

John Arnold
05-03-2014, 04:25 PM
This is a relatively high-end house, otherwise I'd just write these things off as home-owner nonsense.

Jerry Peck
05-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Those were quite possibly intended as temporary support only - they likely were there to hold the sink up while the silicone/adhesive/sealant (used to bond and seal the undermount sink to the underside of the granite) set up and cured.

They quite possibly forgot to comeback and removed the temporary supports.

Of course, though, temporary supports are usually not attached to the sides of the cabinet, they are usually from the bottom of the cabinet up to the underside of the sink and leave no nail/screw holes behind when removed.

Jim Luttrall
05-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Virtually every under-mount sink that I see has this.

John Arnold
05-04-2014, 07:25 AM

They quite possibly forgot to comeback and removed the temporary supports.

And this, too?

- - - Updated - - -

Virtually every under-mount sink that I see has this.

But they are temporary and can be removed, right?

Jerry Peck
05-04-2014, 08:22 AM
John,

Yep, those too. :)

Markus Keller
05-04-2014, 09:08 AM
I would guess temporary. For an SS sink you shouldn't need those. However, homeowner could have had issues in the past with the caulk seam failing or maybe they own lots of AllClad.

Dana Bostick
05-05-2014, 06:11 AM
It looks like the screws on the sink clips are not run up tight or are the wrong screws for this type of counter top material. Looks like this was a temp measure and never removed or a "hack" to save the trip back to get the right screws.
These little "details" are frequently skipped / missed. I think it is why it is very common to see j-box covers missing or never closed, way back in the attic or under the house.
"C of O is signed off - we're outa here!":p

Lon Henderson
05-05-2014, 06:31 AM
I don't see a "defect" with the braces.

Scott Patterson
05-05-2014, 09:24 AM
I see that often with undermount sinks, and I see nothing wrong with it. A little extra support never hurts with an undermount sink like that.