PDA

View Full Version : More strange stuff..

Marc M
06-24-2014, 12:06 AM
This was not as bad as when i had a rattle snake in the panel but a pretty close second.. I Probably should have called out the open KO it was trying to get through at the top.
Looks pretty fresh huh?

Ian Page
06-24-2014, 12:43 AM
This was not as bad as when i had a rattle snake in the panel but a pretty close second.. I Probably should have called out the open KO it was trying to get through at the top.
Looks pretty fresh huh?

Mmm mmm mmmm, what's for dinner ? Freshly cooked meat. That trap wasn't cheap to build but pretty effective all the same. Looks just like an electrical service panel with breakers an' all...

Lon Henderson
06-24-2014, 06:10 AM
That beats my wasp nest last week.

And a rattlesnake in the panel? holy shmoly!

John Kogel
06-24-2014, 06:26 AM
He's plugged the hole. We're good to go. :D

jack davenport
06-24-2014, 08:56 AM
and yet people still insist it is better to have the panels on the exterior of the dwellings..............

Jerry Peck
06-24-2014, 10:20 AM
I'm trying to figure out what it was eating in that panel which made it grow so big that, after getting in, it doubled its size and couldn't get back out. :) Is there really that much food in an electrical panel they can eat? :(

Rich Goeken
06-30-2014, 06:05 AM

Well, you know what they say about California. Strange things happen there..... :D

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you know what they say about California. Strange things happen there..... :D

- - - Updated - - -

Greg Madden
06-30-2014, 08:00 AM
Ok, I give... How did he get in there???

Dirk Jeanis
06-30-2014, 06:29 PM
Looks pretty fresh huh?
In Oregon I had a house with increasing electric bills and no known difference in usages. In fact it should have been using less as weather became moderate. We checked everywhere trying to find the problem.

A VERY large live thing had bridged and carbonized, creating a resister accross two lugs. Result was HEAT and a lot of power use. Easily fixed but so hard to find as it was in a sub panel, amazing the house didn't burn down.

Billy Stephens
06-30-2014, 06:49 PM
Looks pretty fresh huh?

Ok, I give... How did he get in there???

Hi Greg,

Marc stated this panel has an open knock out in the top of the dead front.

Greg Madden
06-30-2014, 08:50 PM
Hi Greg,

Marc stated this panel has an open knock out in the top of the dead front.

It looked like he was trying to get back out but wasn't able to.
I was thinking that the hole was too small, but those guys can get through almost anything!
Maybe he got in OK but zapped himself trying to get out....

Another good reason to keep the stripped portion of the wires short. ;-)

bob smit
07-13-2014, 04:31 PM
That what you have there is the second worse thing I've ever smelled in my life.
Don't ask what the 1st thing is!

john stone
07-16-2014, 07:18 AM
I'm trying to figure out what it was eating in that panel which made it grow so big that, after getting in, it doubled its size and couldn't get back out. :) Is there really that much food in an electrical panel they can eat? :(

Older PVC can exclude green verdigris its sweet attracts rats see stuff like this in Australia if they can they lick the conductors or chew them 240volts goodye mr rat

- - - Updated - - -

Older PVC can exclude green verdigris its sweet attracts rats see stuff like this in Australia if they can they lick the conductors or chew them 240volts goodye mr rat

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -