PDA

View Full Version : This Looks Like a Great Idea

Aaron Miller
06-27-2014, 07:53 AM
New kind of door threshold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVzl9V-xpXw (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVzl9V-xpXw)

Jerry Peck
06-27-2014, 09:16 AM
In addition to the higher threshold height and trip hazard ... where does that trough drain to?

Aaron Miller
06-27-2014, 09:40 AM
In addition to the higher threshold height and trip hazard ... where does that trough drain to?

is your glass is always half empty?

Jerry Peck
06-27-2014, 11:04 AM

It is always full, just don't want that water filling it the rest of the way. :p

I'll explain the above seemingly contradictory statement if needed. First, though, think about what is already in "half full"/"half empty" glass. :)

Aaron Miller
06-27-2014, 11:55 AM
A colorless, transparent, odorless, tasteless liquid that forms the seas, lakes, rivers, and rain and is the basis of the fluids of living organisms?

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps the invisible gaseous substance surrounding the earth, a mixture mainly of oxygen and nitrogen?

Jerry Peck
06-27-2014, 12:42 PM
Perhaps the invisible gaseous substance surrounding the earth, a mixture mainly of oxygen and nitrogen?

Correct. :cool:

If the glass is "half full"/"half empty" of water, then the glass is also "half full"/"half empty" of "air" (see above description), thus the glass is actually "full".

John Kogel
06-27-2014, 06:33 PM
Half a glass of tequila, senor? Oh, you mean water?

The only problem with agua in the home is that it ruins organic building materials. A Concrete igloo, agua no problema. ;)

JIm Douglass
06-30-2014, 06:20 AM
as I read these threads on the Forum I am disappointed with the direction the replys seem to take on a professional forum I would expect a more professional attitude and answer accordingly. if I want to view a bunch of amature comics I would find a forum supported by commedians.

kenny martin
06-30-2014, 06:40 AM
as I read these threads on the Forum I am disappointed with the direction the replys seem to take on a professional forum I would expect a more professional attitude and answer accordingly. if I want to view a bunch of amature comics I would find a forum supported by commedians.

:pop2::blah: :tsk: Let me interpret.. the first guy is watching and eating and not talking. the second guy is talking but not participating.. the third guy, well the third guy is disappointed in the first two.. :sad: It is fine to learn and watch and read occasionally as I do also, but to complain about it? Give me a break.. these guys have done more to help others than you obviously care to try?

Greg Madden
06-30-2014, 07:32 AM

The correct answer as to whether the glass is half full or half empty is that
the glass is twice as big as it needs to be... ;-)

Jerry Peck
06-30-2014, 07:55 AM
The correct answer as to whether the glass is half full or half empty is that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be... ;-)

That's the engineer's answer. "Value engineering" and all that.

"Value engineering" simply means the "value" is engineered out of it - you only get exactly what is needed ... thus, as you say - the glass is twice as big as it needs to be ... :focus:

Greg Madden
06-30-2014, 08:15 AM
That's the engineer's answer...

Well, your comment is actually the answer to a joke..... But as it turns out I AM an Engineer!
(Electrical, and Systems)

So you are literally correct this time.

bob smit
07-13-2014, 04:20 PM
And the greedy attorney is wringing his hands....