PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Mary Anne Walser
09-04-2014, 03:21 PM
I'm a new member - not an inspector, but a Realtor (I trust the inspectors and don't try to be one!) I came upon this website looking for information about Tectum, which I have in the ceiling of my home and I got worried that it contained asbestos (see attachment - I think it's Tectum, and I believe Tectum does not have asbestos - correct me if wrong, please!). Found very valuable info here. Then decided that the website might be very helpful for other questions! I hope it's all right that I'm here (not sure if this is meant only for inspectors?) I'm happy to answer any "Realtor" questions you may have (about how we typically operate, how we choose inspectors, etc.)? Happy to be here!

Brian Hannigan
09-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Hi Mary Anne Walser and welcome to InspectionNews!

I hope you find everything you are looking for on this site.

If I can help you in any way just let me know.

If you are a business owner please accept this gift for making your first post: http://www.inspectionreferral.com

If you are a home buyer, seller or DIYer, this gift is for you: http://www.inspectionnews.net/home-inspection-inspector/referrals/member.php

Jeff Zehnder
09-09-2014, 06:46 AM
Not sure what the ingredients are but in some areas it contains all sorts of natural by products that were used as fillers. I have not seen it in home since the 70s. You can easily take a sample and send it to a lab for testing.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what the ingredients are but in some areas it contained all sorts of natural "by products" that were used as fillers. I have not seen it in home since the 70s. You can easily take a sample and send it to a lab for testing.

Frazier Jeffery
10-02-2014, 09:08 PM
I'm a new member - not an inspector, but a Realtor (I trust the inspectors and don't try to be one!) I came upon this website looking for information about Tectum, which I have in the ceiling of my home and I got worried that it contained asbestos (see attachment - I think it's Tectum, and I believe Tectum does not have asbestos - correct me if wrong, please!). Found very valuable info here. Then decided that the website might be very helpful for other questions! I hope it's all right that I'm here (not sure if this is meant only for inspectors?) I'm happy to answer any "Realtor" questions you may have (about how we typically operate, how we choose inspectors, etc.)? Happy to be here!

Ok so how do realtors pick inspectors ?
You go first then I'll tell you what I think

Claude Lawrenson
10-03-2014, 06:26 AM
I'm familiar with Tectum; it's been used for decades in many building projects in both North America and Europe. It's a wood cement board product.

Regarding properties based on MSDS - http://www.tectum.com/MSDS/MSDS_Cementitious_Wood_Fiber_Products_Tectum_Inc.. pdf

Marc M
10-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Ok so how do realtors pick inspectors ?
You go first then I'll tell you what I think

Oh don't you know FJ?
3 names....2 of which are likely not in business and the third.. well, you know..