PDA

View Full Version : sewer plug of sorts??

Sky Jones
09-10-2014, 08:09 PM
Hello All

I have never seen a plug/ blockage for an unused sewer line. Does anybody know what it is?

Trent Tarter
09-10-2014, 08:31 PM
It's a temporary test cap that needs broke out and removed. A threaded fitting with clean-out cap should be installed. I see these in the crawlspace quite often, some times I find them left on at the roof vent pipes.

Sky Jones
09-10-2014, 08:40 PM
It's a temporary test cap that needs broke out and removed. A threaded fitting with clean-out cap should be installed. I see these in the crawlspace quite often, some times I find them left on at the roof vent pipes.

So this is not some kind of insert plug? I am used to seeing caps but thought maybe I had missed a new kind of cap.

Sky Jones
09-11-2014, 07:47 AM

Caps, who needs caps. Looks good to me, (SARCASM) This was the first house yesterday.30899
The waste lines were made of PVC, ABS, Cast iron, and Copper.

Loren Sanders Sr.
09-12-2014, 08:58 PM
Caps, who needs caps. Looks good to me, (SARCASM) This was the first house yesterday.30899
The waste lines were made of PVC, ABS, Cast iron, and Copper.

What an expensive copper cap.

Jim Hintz
09-18-2014, 09:11 AM
The waste lines were made of PVC, ABS, Cast iron, and Copper.They forgot to fold it over, pinching it off isn't as effective.

David Johnston
09-19-2014, 11:30 AM
They forgot to fold it over, pinching it off isn't as effective.

It is soldered though, which if done well, is sufficient.
the biggest problem visible in the photo is the tee-wye on its back, and the failed branch connection. (pulled right out, with no visible glue signs)

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=David Johnston;247922] ... the biggest problem visible in the photo ...

after looking again I see that the cast wye has a rubber (plastic) wired over it for a cap -- also a big problem...

Sky Jones
09-19-2014, 08:30 PM
It is soldered though, which if done well, is sufficient.
the biggest problem visible in the photo is the tee-wye on its back, and the failed branch connection. (pulled right out, with no visible glue signs)

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=David Johnston;247922] ... the biggest problem visible in the photo ...

after looking again I see that the cast wye has a rubber (plastic) wired over it for a cap -- also a big problem...

You are very correct, I noted multiple other plumbing issues under this house.

Scott Patterson
12-04-2014, 06:42 AM
Me thinks Virgina R Hammond might be more than a few individuals. Just look at the two post from it and the different writing styles.... Just saying...

Lon Henderson
12-04-2014, 07:22 AM
Me thinks Virgina R Hammond might be more than a few individuals. Just look at the two post from it and the different writing styles.... Just saying...
Her first response reads like an automated response. I noticed that in some other posts where she has two posts back to back. Nothing wrong with her comments, just rather impersonal.