PDA

View Full Version : shower head is too low

Ben Im
10-10-2014, 04:31 PM
This shower head was installed only 5'6" from tub's bottom

Is there any rules for the height of shower head?

Billy Stephens
10-10-2014, 05:31 PM

See Chapter 3 - Building Planning (http://publicecodes.cyberregs.com/icod/irc/2012/icod_irc_2012_3_sec005.htm)

Looks like ceiling Height Requirement and Fixture as use as intended purpose.
*as shown,this would not have made my any of my reports unless clients were very tall.

Scott Patterson
10-10-2014, 06:59 PM
No requirements other than what the owner wants! They can get an extension that goes up to give them more clearance. Our son is 6'5", all showers are too short for him...

John Kogel
10-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Ben, that one is not bad. Check out this one that was in a mobile home.

Pic 2 is the proper way to plumb a rain head - down from the ceiling.

Jerry Peck
10-11-2014, 06:06 AM
Pic 2 is the proper way to plumb a rain head - down from the ceiling.

"Proper", as in the "proper way", is up to the owner/occupant/user.

Ben Im
10-11-2014, 03:11 PM
I'd better not mention about it
Thanks a lot

Jerry Peck
10-11-2014, 04:21 PM
I'd better not mention about it
Thanks a lot

Or mention it and include some reference to adjustable height shower heads:
Shower Slide Bars, Adjustable Height Shower Heads | Signature Hardware (http://www.signaturehardware.com/bathroom/showerheads/shower-slide-bars.html)

Frazier Jeffery
10-12-2014, 04:28 PM

Is there any rules for the height of shower head?My understanding is the height is to be no less than 6 ft above the drain

Scott Patterson
10-12-2014, 05:31 PM
My understanding is the height is to be no less than 6 ft above the drain

Do you have a cite that shows that?

Frazier Jeffery
10-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Do you have a cite that shows that?

I apologize ans stand corrected apparently there is No requirement for shower head height anywhere in any code plumbing building IRC no nothing

Rich Goeken
10-15-2014, 09:50 PM

See this guide from Delta.:

A - The diverter control should be easily accessible for all users. Typically it is just above or below the shower valve, but it can be set just inside the shower door for easy access.
B - The shower valve should be placed about waist high, which is approximately 36" from the floor of the shower.
C - The lowest body spray is usually placed at knee or thigh height.
D - The middle body spray is usually placed at hip or waist level.
E - The highest body spray is usually placed at shoulder or back height.
F - The shower head should be installed so that it is above the head of the tallest user, but still within reach of the shortest user. Ideally, the tallest user should not have to crouch or duck under the shower head to rinse his hair, while the shorter user should be able to manually adjust the spray modes of the shower head.
Read more: Configuring Your Custom Shower Layout : Delta Faucet (http://www.deltafaucet.com/shopping-tools/research/buying-guides/your-shower-experience/planning-your-shower/configuring-your-layout/custom-shower.html#ixzz3GHO2h3L8)

Couldn't get the chart to load---use the link. :(

Jack Feldmann
12-03-2014, 08:02 AM
I think you should call a plumber. Because in your showers hole has been blocked by dust or something else.

WHAT?????????

Bruce Ramsey
12-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Virginia joined yesterday and then posted 12 times to plumbing related topics. Most had poor grammar, misspelled words, and non-sense sentences. I believe what Virginia is pointing out is there were several streams of water missing and the shower head may be partially clogged.

John Kogel
12-03-2014, 05:44 PM
Virginia joined yesterday and then posted 12 times to plumbing related topics. Most had poor grammar, misspelled words, and non-sense sentences. I believe what Virginia is pointing out is there were several streams of water missing and the shower head may be partially clogged.Not bad for a robotic brain in a box somewhere. :D

Billy Stephens
12-03-2014, 07:13 PM
there were several streams of water missing .
They Be Missing?!!.:confused:

Did you file a Police Report?

Lon Henderson
12-08-2014, 07:08 AM
In my mother-in-law apartment, I put the shower head where I like them. My mother-in-law can't reach it (at over 80 years, she has trouble reaching up) so I configured a goofy attachment that lowered the shower head for her. It's ugly weird but works. No reason why someone couldn't do something similar to raise the head rather than do some re-plumbing.

Jerry Peck
12-08-2014, 07:52 AM
Lon,

This is the easy solution, no goofy attachments required ... :)

Shower Slide Bars, Adjustable Height Shower Heads | Signature Hardware (http://www.signaturehardware.com/bathroom/showerheads/shower-slide-bars.html)

Lon Henderson
12-08-2014, 07:59 AM
Lon,

This is the easy solution, no goofy attachments required ... :)

Thanks. I see these occasionally. I was on a tighter budget eight years ago, but now that you reminded me, I'll see about changing over to one of these.