PDA

View Full Version : Hot water floor heating

Gordon Lee
11-03-2014, 11:05 PM
As the picture showing (marked by the green arrows), can anyone give an explanation why some area are warmer and others are not. Thanks.

Raymond Wand
11-04-2014, 04:12 AM
1. Distance from supply
2. Boiler just starting up, water entering the loops will take some time to heat the mass, more so if the tubing is in concrete.
3. Insulation/radiant barrier improperly installed in concrete.

Was the heating system running when you inspected or did you activate the system?

Scott Patterson
11-04-2014, 07:44 AM
It's only a degree or two different. I would not even worry about it. Like Ray noted, it could be caused many reasons.

Mark Reinmiller
11-04-2014, 06:00 PM
If the tubing is fed from a common manifold at the end then the flow rate in each tube will vary. Slab temperature can also vary from sunlight or distance from exterior, etc.

Gordon Lee
11-05-2014, 02:06 PM
1. Distance from supply
2. Boiler just starting up, water entering the loops will take some time to heat the mass, more so if the tubing is in concrete.
3. Insulation/radiant barrier improperly installed in concrete.

Was the heating system running when you inspected or did you activate the system?

Good points. Thanks.
Yes, it is only 1 or 2 degrees difference, I won't make it a big deal. In the report, I stated " heating source is confirmed". But some clients are asking, we better give them a proper explanation.

Jerry Peck
11-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Good points. Thanks.
Yes, it is only 1 or 2 degrees difference, ...

That's 1 or 2 degrees difference in Celsius ... surely that is hotter than 22 degrees F.

Ed Attfield
11-17-2014, 10:01 AM
I would guess that the warmer and cooler rectangles correspond to something on the underside of the floor.
Perhaps a closet for the warmer area?

John Kogel
11-17-2014, 03:45 PM
That's 1 or 2 degrees difference in Celsius ... surely that is hotter than 22 degrees F.FYy'allsI, Canada, including Upper Canada, adopted Metric and joined the rest of the world about 1968, under Pierre Trudeau. ;)