PDA

View Full Version : Suretest

John Dirks Jr
11-29-2014, 04:23 AM
I picked up a Suretest Circuit Analyzer. Obviously this thing can do way more than my little three prong tester. However, I don't see myself performing every test function on all accessible receptacles but I do want to use it in cases where it's more likely to find problems.

For those of you who use this tool, where do you find the most problems and which functions do you use most often? Please omit the problems usually found by the typical three prong tester.

Thanks

Scott Patterson
11-29-2014, 08:29 AM
Finding bootleg grounds and the rest of its functions I have found are of not much use during a typical home inspection.

Eric Barker
11-29-2014, 06:53 PM
Used mine in over a year.

Mark Reinmiller
11-29-2014, 08:41 PM
I used to use it in new construction to check voltage drop. I found that some circuits had voltage drops over 10% or even up to 13-14%. Builders would not do anything about it and buyers did not seem to care much, so not I rarely use it.

Jack Feldmann
11-30-2014, 05:54 AM
If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have bought one. I find bootleg grounds by taking an outlet cover off. That was really the only benefit I found.

John Kogel
12-01-2014, 06:21 PM
If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have bought one. I find bootleg grounds by taking an outlet cover off. That was really the only benefit I found.Well it is making you look more professional. :D

I keep my cheapos out of sight. :D