PDA

View Full Version : Securing pedestal sink

Frank Bombardiere
12-10-2014, 04:08 PM
I know Pedestal sinks should be secured, but I have not ever seen one like this. How would you secure it? To the floor only? It was not secured to anything but the drain. Any suggestions?

Rick Cantrell
12-10-2014, 04:28 PM
I don't see it as a problem.

Jerry Peck
12-10-2014, 05:27 PM
What did you say about that old door backsplash?

Rick Cantrell
12-10-2014, 05:33 PM
I kinda like it. Reuse, Recycle, Re purpose.

Scott Patterson
12-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Somehow someway it needs to be secured so that the stand and bowl can not move. Movement will cause leaks!

ben around
12-18-2014, 08:22 AM

Looks like something the "Rehab Addict" would like.

John Kogel
12-18-2014, 08:35 AM
They can drill holes and screw it to the floor. Or super glue. :D

One of my expressions is 'be creative and fix it'.

If the sink bowl has no overflow built in, 'remove the stopper to avoid the chance of flooding'.

Timothy DeWein
12-18-2014, 10:27 AM
Is that light coming through the lower left side of the door? I sure hope the door doesn't still open. :biggrin:

Marshall Brown
12-22-2014, 06:25 AM
I dislike the flexible drain connections I see from time to time but this actually looks like a place one might make sense if there was no way to secure it properly.

Of course, as a home inspector, all we have to say it that it isn't properly secured and recommend that it be properly secured.

My thought would be something like a pair of wrought iron shelf brackets that could be attached to the wall and clamped or welded to the sink support to help prevent it from moving and dislodging the DWV connection.

JC Warner
12-22-2014, 09:52 AM
I like the door, very cool. I don't believe there is a flexable drain, it looks like a black cover to hide the pipes, similar to fabric sleeves people put on hanging light fixtures.
I probably wouldn't worry about it unless it was in earthquake country, then I would make some kind of attachment to the door.
Agreed with no overflow: the stopper can be replaced with a decorative cover that has openings.