PDA

View Full Version : Where food is made

Kevin Luce
11-10-2007, 01:40 PM
I was fixing dinner and while I was reading the cooking instructions I noticed where the food was distributed by. As you see in the picture, times are changing and more information on the packaging is being added. So if you see that the food product is distributed anywhere else than Earth, at least at this time, I wouldn't recommend buying it.:)

I meant to write in the title "Where food is distributed"

Bruce Breedlove
11-10-2007, 02:51 PM
We are part of a global economy. Perhaps the economy has now expanded to the entire universe.

(Question to ponder: Do other civilizations throughout the universe know our planet as 'Earth'?)

Kevin Luce
11-10-2007, 03:22 PM
If there isn't a McDonnalds there (where ever there is), we haven't expanded yet.

Jerry Peck
11-10-2007, 03:22 PM
(Question to ponder: Do other civilizations throughout the universe know our planet as 'Earth'?)

They probably know us as "The Third Rock from the Sun". :D

At least, for those who even refer to that big ol' center light source as 'the Sun'. :confused:

They may be telling they children (whatever they look like and are referred to 'over there'): Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away, and in a very small solar system revolving around a fireball they called "The Sun", on the Third Rock from the Sun, lived a long ago civilization who called themselves "Humans". It has been said that those Humans ...

David Banks
11-10-2007, 04:52 PM
They probably know us as "The Third Rock from the Sun". :D

At least, for those who even refer to that big ol' center light source as 'the Sun'. :confused:

They may be telling they children (whatever they look like and are referred to 'over there'): Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away, and in a very small solar system revolving around a fireball they called "The Sun", on the Third Rock from the Sun, lived a long ago civilization who called themselves "Humans". It has been said that those Humans ...

destroyed their civilizations due to poor Home Inspections. :)

Rick Hurst
11-10-2007, 05:25 PM
I think they are trying to confey we only have one earth so take care of it.

rick

Billy Stephens
11-10-2007, 06:10 PM
I think they are trying to confey we only have one earth so take care of it.

rick

Or The Copy Writer Gets Paid by the Word. :D

Kevin Barre
11-11-2007, 09:59 AM
OK, this is a drift, but this is an open forum, right?

Somehow, this labeling shouldn't seem too surprising. After all, consumers are getting more litigious (also dumber) and "full disclosure" is a phrase heard often. So if you have to tell the consumer not to insert their fingers into a blender while in operation, and not to use a hand-held hair dryer while sleeping, not to iron their clothes while on the body...is it any surprise that you can't assume that the buyer would know that the USA was on Earth?

Maybe we should get rid of these silly product warnings. After all, if you have to be told these things, your gene pool is likely several feet too shallow. If you do something that stupid, I say you should suffer the consequences! ;)

Kevin Luce
11-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Kevin B., your statement made me think of congressmen and if they were products, I would hate to see what their warning labels read?:eek: