PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!!!!!

Nick Ostrowski
02-25-2015, 03:26 PM
Very surprising nobody was killed in this explosion.

Watch the video. It's eye popping.

WATCH: Video Shows House 'Disintegrate' After Manahawkin, N.J. Explosion | Barnegat-Manahawkin, NJ Patch (http://patch.com/new-jersey/barnegat-manahawkin/watch-video-shows-house-explosion-after-manahawkin-gas-main-break-0?utm_source=social&utm_medium=hs&utm_campaign=)

Jerry Peck
02-25-2015, 05:06 PM
That would really have made a great video if it had been caught closer up - WOW! is right.

Cale Cameron
02-25-2015, 06:00 PM
"Wow!"Is right! Great safety reminder for all of us. Hope all involved can recover.

Woodie Wallace
02-27-2015, 01:02 PM
"Wow!"Is right! Great safety reminder for all of us. Hope all involved can recover.

I remember seeing it on the Nightly News: No one was killed, but 16 injured. They think it was a Gas Leak that was set off by a spark.

Charles Woodie Wallace
Top2Bottom Home Inspection LLC
Edmond, OK
Top 2 Bottom | (http://top2bottomhomeinspect.com)
t2bhomeinspection@outlook.com

Jim Hintz
02-27-2015, 03:28 PM
Incredible to say the least. I have a question just out of curiosity, here in the Puget Sound Area they allow a gas furnace to be installed in an attic space - they're installed on their side. Do any of you out there run into this and, what are your thoughts about it? Makes me wonder about seismic activity and connections nobody ever sees nor can smell.

Jim

Jerry Peck
02-27-2015, 03:58 PM
Incredible to say the least. I have a question just out of curiosity, here in the Puget Sound Area they allow a gas furnace to be installed in an attic space - they're installed on their side. Do any of you out there run into this and, what are your thoughts about it? Makes me wonder about seismic activity and connections nobody ever sees nor can smell.

Jim

The furnace would be required to be designed for horizontal installation, not all are.

Also, that sediment trap is not a sediment trap, at best it is a 'handle" to grab onto when you lose your balance. :(

Vern Heiler
02-27-2015, 06:04 PM
The furnace would be required to be designed for horizontal installation, not all are.

Also, that sediment trap is not a sediment trap, at best it is a 'handle" to grab onto when you lose your balance. :(
Jerry, you can read the labels on the side of the unit so it has to be right....shish:D.

Jim Hintz
02-27-2015, 06:16 PM
Jerry, you can read the labels on the side of the unit so it has to be right....shish:D. This Bob's HVAC is the only company I see doing this. They also make or used to make the filter compartments an "off" size so you'd have to buy "their" filters.

Chris Weekly
02-27-2015, 08:16 PM
I see this often, and is a common installation. as JP said - as long as it is rated for horizontal installation. They hang from the framing typically with bolting, brackets, allthread and channel iron. Seismic should not be a problem. They are relatively light weight.
Saves space by not being in the hall closet.

Robin Wells
02-28-2015, 09:03 AM
That would really have made a great video if it had been caught closer up - WOW! is right.

Agreed.. and good reminder.

Here are some still photos.

Heroism amid chaos emerges from massive Stafford natural gas explosion | NJ.com (http://www.nj.com/ocean/index.ssf/2015/02/heroism_amid_chaos_emerges_from_massive_natural_ga .html)

matt berman
03-01-2015, 07:55 AM

Jerry, nice catch on the wrong t configuration of the sediment trap "handle"!

- - - Updated - - -

Jerry, nice catch on T piping for the sediment trap!

Marc M
03-02-2015, 10:36 PM
I'd say that nearly 100% of all new construction here has Horizontal furnaces. I saw 4 today..

Jim

Jim Hintz
03-02-2015, 10:50 PM
Thanks to everyone that responded.

Jim