PDA

View Full Version : signs, signs, signs - signs say the dumbest things

Jerry Peck
11-13-2007, 02:40 PM
I typically drive I-4 to Orlando from Daytona Beach 2-3-4 days a week and this morning is the first time I noticed a rather dumb sign on my way there, so I figured I would see the same sign at the same location on my way back - and I did. The sign is not the clearest photo because I took it at 70 mph, but, when I read the sign I thought ...

I mean, really now ...

Ya Think?

Rick Hurst
11-13-2007, 03:03 PM
Jerry,

Are you talking of the Keep off the Median sign?

We have those everywhere here or people will think they can use that median to pass up standing traffic.

David Banks
11-13-2007, 03:08 PM
I see similar signs when we go to Maine. I forgot exact wording but something like " Use wipers in rain"

Jerry Peck
11-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Jerry,

Are you talking of the Keep off the Median sign?

We have those everywhere here or people will think they can use that median to pass up standing traffic.

Rick,

Er ... did you look at the "median"?

:D

I think it would be in the best interests to a vehicle's health, and that of the driver, to "Keep off" that particular "Median".

You have travel lanes, an emergency lane, a double center guardrail, emergency lane for the other direction, and travel lanes for the other direction - the "median" is the double guardrail ... :cool:

Rick Hurst
11-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Jerry,

Around here that emergency lane your mentioning is also known as the median.

rick

Billy Stephens
11-13-2007, 04:54 PM
The Sign may have been there when it was a grassy area. :)

Freeway expanded, Sign was put up by regulatory act and needs regulatory act to be removed.;)

*Note width of bridge rails in JP"s picture above.

Richard Rushing
11-13-2007, 05:54 PM
I took this one while driving down I-20.

I thought the signage was a little bit of misleading advertising...

Lewis Capaul
11-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Not on the highway, but an "interesting" sign anyway. It must be a tough course.

Rick Hurst
11-13-2007, 06:10 PM
Spelling skills not needed at the Wal-Mart

Jerry Peck
11-13-2007, 07:00 PM
I thought the signage was a little bit of misleading advertising...

Nah ... that was probably Juan driving and his brother ran off with his wife ... he knows his wife and really doubt Jesus will be gone more than a few days ... the older brother Jorge agreed.

Billy Stephens
11-13-2007, 07:16 PM
skills at the Wal-Mart

He Did Get The Wal-Mart Account :cool:

Richard Moore
11-13-2007, 07:57 PM
It's not just Walmart!

The 2nd isn't a sign, but you have to wonder if they remembered their receipt.

Richard Moore
11-13-2007, 08:38 PM
And while we're at it..some from my old stomping grounds. Not my photos, but I've seen all of these. The last is usually found at road re-paving and often reads..."Cats Eyes Removed Ahead". A handy service I don't particularly need!

Rick Hurst
11-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Here's a few more.