PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone, thank you for allowing me to join in.

Bob Newbie
04-02-2015, 07:43 AM
Here to learn about things I haven't seen yet and share my experience on those I have. I've been on the building side of the trade - new & rehab - on and off for 30 + years. During those years the only thing I have not done in the construction trade is build a block foundation. Five of those years was in Concrete work - mainly footers and flat work on the residential side. Site work (footers, pier pads, curbing and fixing original builders mistakes) on the commercial side. I also have formal training in electricity. I am not the best at anything, kind of a jack-of-all-trades but, my work has always passed inspection. I look forward to learning from everyone's experience on this site. One of the reasons I joined here is to see the pictures :). Thank you, again for allowing me to participate on this site.

Brian Hannigan
04-02-2015, 08:16 AM
Hello Bob Newbie,

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your visit here at InspectionNews and if there is anything I can help you with just let me know.

If you are a business owner please accept this gift for making your first post: Home Inspection Referrals (http://www.inspectionreferral.com)

If you are a home buyer, seller or DIYer, this gift is for you: Thank You! (http://www.inspectionnews.net/home-inspection-inspector/referrals/member.php)

Jack Feldmann
04-02-2015, 09:44 AM
Welcome Bob. How about using your real name?

Rick Cantrell
04-02-2015, 02:00 PM
Welcome Bob. How about using your real name?

I actually know a Terry Newbie

Jack Feldmann
04-02-2015, 02:23 PM
My apologies if Bob's last name is Newbie.

Jerry Peck
04-02-2015, 03:52 PM
Great! It looks like someone finally has the terminology correct for footing and footers.;)A "footing" is the base which supports the structure above. A "footer" is that thing one does unintentionally and then must extract their foot from their mouth ... as in 'Jack may have just done a "footer".' :)

(The term "footer" and phrase "did a footer" are hereby coined and copyrighted by me.) :)

Jack Feldmann
04-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Still have not heard from Bob regarding real last name. While you may guide me in the direction of the street, please do not throw me under the bus, by assuming I am wrong.

Jerry Peck
04-02-2015, 05:01 PM
Still have not heard from Bob regarding real last name. While you may guide me in the direction of the street, please do not throw me under the bus, by assuming I am wrong.

I'm not throwing you under the bus ... that's why i said "may have" ... besides, I was about to post the same thing, except that your inquiry was more "politically correct" than my inquiry was about to be. :)

Billy Stephens
04-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Welcome Bob,

Join in when you can.

JeffGHooper
04-06-2015, 06:57 AM
Footers are in buildings that have winders and popcorn ceilings. Localisms not used by professionals.

Footings, Windows and Sprayed Acoustic Ceilings.

Never heard the "footer" until I moved to Florida, thought it was just a southern toothless phrase that occurred because someone married their sister.

Yup Billy Bob, crawl out da winder and watch your footer. Oh and don't scratch the sheetrock! :mad: