PDA

View Full Version : Telescoping ladders

Dwight Doane
05-06-2015, 11:17 AM
So , I saw this telescoping ladder on line and thought - that could be handy and small too - but can it take the punishment ? Any one using one of these

I might not be vain but I really don't look wearing a ladder :p

Dave Hill
05-08-2015, 08:22 AM
Just my $0.02
I have been using telescoping ladders as a full time inspector for over 10 years. (Not the one you asked about - sorry). The only problem I had is when a termite inspector borrowed it to look at a spot on the ceiling. I heard loud banging, the guy was trying to close the ladder, not knowing how, and really messed it up. I had to buy a new one.

Advice: if you are going to use these, lightweight, compact, back saving, ladders that fit easily in a SUV, ALWAYS check the locking mechanisms, and keep strangers away from them.

Joe Klampfer
05-08-2015, 08:55 AM
Plastic parts, cheap looking articulating knuckle and the poor junction at ladder's side rails /tube-to knuckle interconnect all scare me... Hate to see your career end because you saved a few buck on an inferior ladder. Spend a few extra dollars and buy a quality Little Giant. You can thank me after you read about the next ladder injury ;)

Unless of course you only weigh 150 lbs, then you might be ok

Lon Henderson
05-11-2015, 06:40 AM
A sub contractor told me that his ten year old telescoping ladder collapsed under him. But I don't know what brand.

My 17 year old Little Giant is still ticking and I roughly estimate that I've deployed it about 12,000 times.