PDA

View Full Version : Fireplace in a furnace

Chris Weekly
05-27-2015, 10:23 AM
Williams heating company had this model in 2002, but no longer is willing to own up to it - no support, no parts, no manuals, no data, no comment.
Does anybody have a manual on this? Model 3509622.0001
This type wall furnace has a glass front cover plate and some ceramic log lookalikes to resemble a fireplace fire. The glass is pitted and no longer aesthetically pleasing - so you cant really make out the ceramic logs. Yes, its dirty, poor flame quality, and needs servicing.
I would think that the glass gets really hot, and being a fire, is a source of fascination for small children - it's at just the right level for a child crawling on the floor. I wonder how many complaints Williams got...not that this is the only heater with a glass front cover...but they don't make or support this model and are tight lipped about giving any info. Bob H or anybody else - do you know anything about this type?

Jerry Peck
05-27-2015, 10:51 AM
I did a Google search for Williams heating and that model number and come up with similar items, and this: http://www.manualslib.com/manual/194732/Williams-2509621.html

I am sure there are more as I did not look at many of the links.

Chris Weekly
05-27-2015, 11:04 AM
Thanks Jerry
That's what I got too. Brochures, but no manual and nothing other than a catalog picture of the heater. No specific material referencing the 'fireplace' feature.

Jim Warters
06-08-2015, 12:19 PM
Sears has an installation manual for the base model which does not include the fireplace "feature."
Model # 3509622 @ http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Williams-Parts/Furnace-Parts/user-manuals/manual-downloads/Model-3509622/1203/0912130?modelNumber=3509622&diagramPageId=&documentId=#

Chris Weekly
06-08-2015, 12:39 PM
Thanks Endicott69 (couldn't you have an easier name - like Sam?). That's the same info online that I was able to find - same/similar search as with JPs' post. Nothing is out there that has the 'fireplace' feature.
I have given up trying to find this...and disclaimed the heater other than to refer them to the manufacturer and let them get on the merrygoround.

Jim Warters
06-08-2015, 02:27 PM
Unfortunately, having originally picked a user name which was once more or less consistent over several blogs, I'm pretty well stuck with the reference to one of my old stompin' grounds. Feel free to use "Jim Warters," "Jim" or "hey, you." I've responded to a lot worse... :D

Jerry Peck
06-08-2015, 03:08 PM
Unfortunately, having originally picked a user name which was once more or less consistent over several blogs, I'm pretty well stuck with the reference to one of my old stompin' grounds. Feel free to use "Jim Warters," "Jim" or "hey, you." I've responded to a lot worse... :D

Jim,

You are in luck here as you are not "stuck with" that old reference.

Click the "Contact Us" link at that bottom of the page, I am sure that Brian will gladly change your username to your real name as that is what we use here ... and it gets you out of that "old rut" you've been in.

Chris Weekly
06-08-2015, 04:15 PM
Thanks, Jim
Good to know you. I appreciate this forum more and more as I get to know whos who. Names help a lot. :D

Yeah, dont be stuck in a rut. JP knows this website better'n most and Brian is really helpful

Jim Warters
06-09-2015, 09:33 AM
Jim,

You are in luck here as you are not "stuck with" that old reference.

Click the "Contact Us" link at that bottom of the page, I am sure that Brian will gladly change your username to your real name as that is what we use here ... and it gets you out of that "old rut" you've been in.

Thanks, Jerry - I have done so. Best regards - JW

Jim Warters
06-09-2015, 09:39 AM
Thanks, Jim
Good to know you. I appreciate this forum more and more as I get to know whos who. Names help a lot. :D

Yeah, don't be stuck in a rut. JP knows this website better'n most and Brian is really helpful

Thanks, Chris - a pleasure to make your acquaintance as well. As someone allegedly said - "the only difference between a rut and a grave is the size." Or something...:)
Best regards -- Jim W.