PDA

View Full Version : Cellulose Insulation

Frank Smith
07-08-2015, 07:28 AM
I'm in Northeast Florida, and I see a considerable amount of cellulose type insulation that is older,compressed and flying around loosely in the attic. I'm wondering what kind advice you folks are dispensing on the subject. Is anyone recommending its removal?

Thanks

Brian Hannigan
07-08-2015, 07:33 AM
Hi Frank Smith and welcome to InspectionNews!

I'm Brian Hannigan and I created InspectionNews.

I hope you find everything you are looking for on this site.

If I can help you in any way just let me know.

As a "Thank You" for making your first post I have a gift for you. You can pick it up at:
Send Your Free Card (http://www.SendYourFreeCard.com)

Gunnar Alquist
07-08-2015, 07:43 AM
I'm in Northeast Florida, and I see a considerable amount of cellulose type insulation that is older,compressed and flying around loosely in the attic. I'm wondering what kind advice you folks are dispensing on the subject. Is anyone recommending its removal? Thanks

Hi Frank,

I guess I am unsure as to why you would want to recommend removal. Unless there is some problem with it, I would just note the condition. If it is insufficient coverage, I would probably recommend additional insulation.

Raymond Wand
07-08-2015, 11:16 AM
see also
http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_inspection/introductions-by-new-members/43412-smell-room-after-cellulose-insulation-put-down-attick.html

Jim Luttrall
07-08-2015, 11:40 AM
Cellulose is a good insulating product with few problems that I am aware of, what specifically are you questioning? Yes it does settle over time but I've never seen it "flying around" inside an attic unless disturbed.

Jerry Peck
07-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Cellulose is a good insulating product with few problems that I am aware of, what specifically are you questioning? Yes it does settle over time but I've never seen it "flying around" inside an attic unless disturbed.

And my chewing gum loses its flavor on the bedpost overnight too ... but it was always still good in the morning. :)

Let's see who admits to be old enough to get that. :D

Chris Weekly
07-09-2015, 10:28 PM
...If your mother says don't chew it
Do you swallow it in spite?...