PDA

View Full Version : Friggin video AD on the MB.

Roy Lewis
10-19-2015, 01:29 PM
Is anyone else gettin this.
It has got to go.
This is the only place I get it.
See attached..

Jerry Peck
10-19-2015, 01:45 PM
Roy,

The ads are basically placed two ways:
- By Google's software targeting ads to you based on sites you have visited, searches you have done, and ads you have clicked on. Sometimes those things don't work as intended.
- By de-slecting targeted ads by Google's 'AdChoices' thingy at the top or bottom of the ads - which can lead to you getting all kinds of ads for all kinds of things that you never clicked on, visited, or researched.

I de-selected the targeted ads choice and ... man-oh-man-alive ... the ads I started getting were some real dozies. The ads have sorted of sorted themselves out - almost like they are targeted based on searches I have made and things I clicked on to see WTF they were (big mistake on some of them).

It's 'technological progress' ... at least that is what they say it is. :)

Roy Lewis
10-19-2015, 01:47 PM
I understand , but why in my face here and here only? Its killing me where I don't even want to come to this site because of such. It is blocking most of the page.

Roy,

The ads are basically placed two ways:
- By Google's software targeting ads to you based on sites you have visited, searches you have done, and ads you have clicked on. Sometimes those things don't work as intended.
- By de-slecting targeted ads by Google's 'AdChoices' thingy at the top or bottom of the ads - which can lead to you getting all kinds of ads for all kinds of things that you never clicked on, visited, or researched.

I de-selected the targeted ads choice and ... man-oh-man-alive ... the ads I started getting were some real dozies. The ads have sorted of sorted themselves out - almost like they are targeted based on searches I have made and things I clicked on to see WTF they were (big mistake on some of them).

It's 'technological progress' ... at least that is what they say it is. :)

Brian Hannigan
10-19-2015, 02:05 PM
That is not an ad from InspectionNews.

All we have are the banner ads. Nothing that would have an ad pop up and cover any part of the page.

I would recommend running a program to detect malware on your computer.

Keep me posted.

Roy Lewis
10-19-2015, 02:10 PM
That is not an ad from InspectionNews.

All we have are the banner ads. Nothing that would have an ad pop up and cover any part of the page.

I would recommend running a program to detect malware on your computer.

Keep me posted.
No adware..I went to Google's 'AdChoices' and turned it off.
So far good!

Roy Lewis
10-19-2015, 02:43 PM
But you get to admit, that it is funny.

Admit what KW? Don't start with me.:D

Roy Lewis
10-19-2015, 02:56 PM
Roy this is based on Jerry Pecks comment....How often do you go to that site. :0)

Never! I guess what I did didn't work cause now I have Better Home and Gardens coming up.

Jerry Peck
10-19-2015, 03:08 PM
Roy this is based on Jerry Pecks comment....How often do you go to that site. :0)

Never! I guess what I did didn't work cause now I have Better Home and Gardens coming up.

I did give you a heads up on that. :biggrin:

Bill Chinook
10-19-2015, 05:57 PM
https://adblockplus.org/

I haven't seen an ad in years.