PDA

View Full Version : Pool fence bonding

Bill Bryan
11-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Got a call from the seller saying that her electrician is in the back yard. She told him that I recommended that the metal fence (within 5' of the pool) be bonded. "He says that you don't know what you're talking about....any dummy can see that the fence goes into the ground! It's grounded to the earth!!!" I told her to go outside, look him straight in the eyes, and tell him to go home...and when he gets back to the shop, ask the boss what's the difference between bonding and grounding.
The shop supervisor came out, within an hour, and bonded the fence. No charge 😉

If if I can find the bond in the first 5 minutes.....I'm happy. I stop at about 7 minutes. Anyone look longer than that?

Jerry Peck
11-19-2015, 02:28 PM
Got a call from the seller saying that her electrician is in the back yard. She told him that I recommended that the metal fence (within 5' of the pool) be bonded. "He says that you don't know what you're talking about....any dummy can see that the fence goes into the ground! It's grounded to the earth!!!" I told her to go outside, look him straight in the eyes, and tell him to go home...and when he gets back to the shop, ask the boss what's the difference between bonding and grounding.
The shop supervisor came out, within an hour, and bonded the fence. No charge

Priceless!

What was that phrase ...

"There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there's MasterCard"

ROBERT YOUNG
11-20-2015, 10:14 PM
Bill Bryan,
Thank you for the informative education.
Although I do pool inspections, they are infrequent.
For the most part, were I live, Montreal Quebec, I am sure they would get more yearly seasonal use as skating rinks.

As expressed, I have been inspecting pools, one just recently fitting that 5' foot rule, and have never considered that type of defect.

Much appreciated by this homie!
Thanks.