PDA

View Full Version : Condensation is accumulating inside my HVAC making it leak

Jim Santos
12-31-2015, 01:04 PM
I cleaned drain pan and poured some bleach to clean drainage hose in my unit.

It's about 4 years old and poorly maintained but cools great.
I noticed on one of the two front panels to access inside of unit a screw was missing.
Even though no one had touched unit but me.
I had been having issues with high humidity in on of my rooms but I live in Florida and I guess that's normal.
Since I went in there now the inside insulation is water soaked,so much it is dripping from unit.
I called an HVAC repair service and they are coming today.
But I want to know if I made this situation happen by opening the unit up and cleaning drain and pipe myself, or is it a normal malfunction that comes with age?
Thanks

Jim Luttrall
12-31-2015, 04:46 PM

I noticed on one of the two front panels to access inside of unit a screw was missing.
I had been having issues with high humidity in on of my rooms but I live in Florida and I guess that's normal.
Since I went in there now the inside insulation is water soaked,so much it is dripping from unit.
But I want to know if I made this situation happen by opening the unit up and cleaning drain and pipe myself, or is it a normal malfunction that comes with age?
Thanks

You likely broke some sludge loose that then blocked the drain. Blow out the drain lines or use a shop vac to clean them. There should not be any water inside the electrical compartment.

Tom Rees
01-23-2016, 09:04 AM

Thanks

Jim, What did the HVAC Tech find???