PDA

View Full Version : 2 Wire Load Side Fuse Panel

Michael Thomas
04-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Older load side (sub) panel. . Re-wiring of still older system, lots of conversions from conduit to BX and back at various points, difficult and sometimes impossible to visually trace, I would not want to depend on the continuity of the conduit and/or BX back to the service panel. Currently the neutral (grounded) feeder conductor is bonded to panel then runs to line side of fuse block (pic 2). (Another circuit is double tapped from the line side terminals, but that's a different issue).

Recommendation?

Michael Thomas
04-12-2007, 05:27 AM
Aw, come on... there must be SOMEBODY here who can explain to me the (il)logic of bonding the neutral to this panel. Was (is) this correct in an older system without separate grounds? Inquiring minds want to know.

Jerry Peck
04-12-2007, 02:22 PM
That would be a 120 volt service, if it were the service equipment, and would be acceptable there.

However, being as it is a *PANEL* *AND NOT SERVICE EQUIPMENT* (arrrrgggg to the 'sub' thing - it is a "panel") ... (sorry had to get that out of my system) ... then bonding the neutral to ground *is not allowed*.

(testing strike out text, other html commands did not work, does this? - <strike>if this is struck through text, it worked, if not, it did not work</strike>)