PDA

View Full Version : Narrative Reports

Mike Tracy
02-23-2016, 02:18 PM
Does anyone use a narrative repaort other than AHIT's Report Plus? I am in need of looking for new software and would like to see what others are using and why?

ROBERT YOUNG
02-23-2016, 03:10 PM
Does anyone use a narrative repaort other than AHIT's Report Plus? I am in need of looking for new software and would like to see what others are using and why?
HIP, Home Inspection Pro is filled with narratives.
I have 1000 most used inspection Narratives from NACHI.

Mike, I do not use either of them.
I always thought, as a home inspector you should know what to say.

Try HIP.
Good inspection reporting system.

Jack Feldmann
02-24-2016, 03:29 PM
I use Spectacular.

Aaron Johnson
02-24-2016, 08:39 PM
Hey Mike,

Spectacular has a narrative style report and if you have a bunch of comments you'd like to bring over, I can help with that...

Marc M
02-24-2016, 09:34 PM
Good stuff...

I use Spectacular.

Dan Cullen
04-01-2016, 07:07 PM

Out team of 12 inspectors uses HomeGauge and we have for 10 years or so. You can look at our sample reports on our website to see the finished product.

Bill Bryan
04-02-2016, 06:38 AM
h
I use Spectacular.
Great stuff!

Bob Elliott
05-09-2016, 08:06 PM
h
Great stuff!

HIP HIP hooray...but any software can be narrative.

AHIT ? ha ha.Newbie software for those easily influenced in class.

- - - Updated - - -

h
Great stuff!

HIP HIP hooray...but any software can be narrative.

AHIT ? ha ha.Newbie software for those easily influenced in class.

Raymond Wand
05-10-2016, 02:58 AM
Carson Dunlop Horizon Reporting System. The Cadillac of reports.

Home Inspection Software | Horizon Report Writing Software (http://www.carsondunlop.com/home-inspection-software/)
Sample Reports | Horizon Home Inspection Forms & Software (http://www.carsondunlop.com/home-inspection-software/sample-reports/)

Using it for 4 years now.

ROBERT YOUNG
05-10-2016, 03:41 AM
Carson Dunlop Horizon Reporting System. The Cadillac of reports.

Home Inspection Software | Horizon Report Writing Software (http://www.carsondunlop.com/home-inspection-software/)
Sample Reports | Horizon Home Inspection Forms & Software (http://www.carsondunlop.com/home-inspection-software/sample-reports/)

Using it for 4 years now.

Raymond,
I concur.

Developed with the help of an architect and engineer.
No canned condition narratives. The inspector narrates condition.
The report covers the legal trefoil. Observations, recommendations and limitations.
By doing so the report develops an overlay on the home.

A very professional system.

Raymond Wand
05-11-2016, 03:45 AM
Home Inspection Report Software listings resource.

Home inspection report software for home inspectors (http://www.inspectionnews.net/home-inspection-inspector/links.php?category=31)

Aaron Johnson
05-11-2016, 12:19 PM
Home Inspection Report Software listings resource.

Home inspection report software for home inspectors (http://www.inspectionnews.net/home-inspection-inspector/links.php?category=31)

More than half of those programs are stale or out of business. I dare you to click on Borealis Communications...

Raymond Wand
05-11-2016, 01:14 PM
Thanx, didn't check the links, just new IN had a listing. Guess Brian needs to update.

Jerry Peck
05-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Thanx, didn't check the links, just new IN had a listing. Guess Brian needs to update.

I sent Brian some reports on some of the links which were bad and recommended that he check all the links on that page.

Rick Bunzel
05-16-2016, 03:27 PM
I will vouch for HIP. Great Support and lots of flexibility. I cut my report prep time down by 30% when I transitioned from 3D to HIP. I typically include 50 to 100 pictures in the report. HIP makes that easy with arrows, boxes and picture editing. Creating new forms is more tedious than 3D but with time I will get there.

//Rick

Gunnar Alquist
05-16-2016, 05:01 PM
I will vouch for HIP. Great Support and lots of flexibility. I cut my report prep time down by 30% when I transitioned from 3D to HIP. I typically include 50 to 100 pictures in the report. HIP makes that easy with arrows, boxes and picture editing. Creating new forms is more tedious than 3D but with time I will get there. //Rick

Rick,

I have tried a lot of reporting software, including HIP. Maybe you can help because it sounds like we may have some report writing similarities.

With the android/phone app. Can you use "lists"? When I report on a condition, I like to be vaguely specific as to where the problem is. For example, take a broken window. I like to state which side of the house or in which room it is. With the computer software, these "lists" can be used. However, I cannot find them on the Android app and have not been able to find anything about them in the help or community bulletin board.

Thanks

Alton Darty
05-17-2016, 06:08 AM
Rick,

I have tried a lot of reporting software, including HIP. Maybe you can help because it sounds like we may have some report writing similarities.

With the android/phone app. Can you use "lists"? When I report on a condition, I like to be vaguely specific as to where the problem is. For example, take a broken window. I like to state which side of the house or in which room it is. With the computer software, these "lists" can be used. However, I cannot find them on the Android app and have not been able to find anything about them in the help or community bulletin board.

Thanks
Gunnar
Lists work on Android but it is a bit confusing to find. Once you select a comment with a list, click the pencil icon on the left, this will open a dialog box so that you can add an item to the list or make changes.
If you want to choose a location from the list click LIST at the bottom of the screen. Panel will open with list choices at the lower right, scroll through until you find the selection you need, click close.
Hope that was not too confusing, if you still have issues, Send Dominic an email or post the question on the HIP message boards.

Gunnar Alquist
05-17-2016, 04:35 PM
Alton,

Thank you very much. I looked at the online boards and in the help files, but just couldn't figure it out. I kept thinking that Dominic wouldn't leave something like that out, but I could not find it. Not overly intuitive, but maybe the lack of intuition is with me. :cool:

Bob Elliott
05-17-2016, 08:27 PM
Raymond,
I concur.

Developed with the help of an architect and engineer.
No canned condition narratives. The inspector narrates condition.
The report covers the legal trefoil. Observations, recommendations and limitations.
By doing so the report develops an overlay on the home.

A very professional system.
I liked it when new because it adds so many graphics it looked like I knew what I was talking about .LOL

What I do not like is lack of customization which is why HIP is better.Can Horizon add videos yet ?

- - - Updated - - -

Alton,

Thank you very much. I looked at the online boards and in the help files, but just couldn't figure it out. I kept thinking that Dominic wouldn't leave something like that out, but I could not find it. Not overly intuitive, but maybe the lack of intuition is with me. :cool:
Gunnar lists have been in HIP for a while now.
I still think in general it is faster to add them manually however than screw around clicking.
With android swift keys you can start typing N and get north or Liv.....and it knows you mean Living room so why bother with lists on mobile ....too distracting .

You can also use voice dictation if alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Alton,

Gunnar lists have been in HIP for a while now.
I still think in general it is faster to add them manually however than screw around clicking.
With android swift keys you can start typing N and get north or Liv.....and it knows you mean Living room so why bother with lists on mobile ....too distracting .

You can also use voice dictation if alone.

P.S I am on a Beta version that blows others out of the water.

David J. Smith
09-22-2016, 02:53 PM
I used AHIT Report Plus for a very long time but now that they are no longer support it I went with HomeGauge because it is very customizable, don't regret the decision and I now realize how out dated my old software was. I was able to set it up to look pretty much like what I had before, it is a grind though to transfer all my comments to the new software as the stock comments just didn't make it for me. I'm happy with the decision and use their subscription service which is great. The is plenty of YouTube videos and help to get going plus great support for the answers you can't find.

- - - Updated - - -

ROBERT YOUNG
09-22-2016, 03:08 PM
I liked it when new because it adds so many graphics it looked like I knew what I was talking about .LOL

What I do not like is lack of customization which is why HIP is better.Can Horizon add videos yet ?

Not as of yet Bob.
I should reach out to John K. the front man at Horizon to see what the future holds.

HIP, Home Inspection Pro is an excellent reporting software.
Dominic Merrick is savvy IT writer and continues to do a wonderful job.

It was hard to walk away from Home Inspection Pro.
I have purchased upgrades and still have the latest software.

Hope that helps.