PDA

View Full Version : Remember, someone is having a worse day than you

Alton Darty
04-12-2016, 04:57 AM
No matter how bad a day you are having, somewhere, someone is having one that is worse. Yesterdays "lucky recipient" was not happy to find out there were problems with his "new" roof, I suspect it may be the "roofers" turn today...

Gary Burnett
04-12-2016, 06:53 AM
And I'll bet that those "roofers" are no where to be found.

Raymond Wand
04-12-2016, 07:39 AM
I wonder how much that job cost?
I bet the owner would have never seen that area in question because its out-a-sight, out-a-mind.

wayne soper
04-12-2016, 08:26 AM
That's funny!! Sad but funny. They did what they were told and they overlapped at t he valley.
I guess they should have been told to UNDERlap among other things.

John Kogel
04-12-2016, 11:50 AM
That's funny!! Sad but funny. They did what they were told and they overlapped at t he valley.
I guess they should have been told to UNDERlap among other things.Big rush with that compressor knocking and the nail gun ready to go. No time to look at the pictures on the wrapper. :(

Markus Keller
04-13-2016, 02:19 PM
Ok, the crappy flashing at the chimney I can expect
The old surround at the top of the chimney to hide the erosion and lack of a rain hat, ok fine.
But that 'new' roof is disgusting. I would never have guessed that is new. That's definitely as bad and worse than the crap I see day to day.

Mark Reinmiller
04-13-2016, 06:58 PM
Many years ago an elderly owner told me she had a new roof and it had a warranty. It was two-ply built up asphalt. I looked at the roof, which was very deteriorated and thought maybe she was cheated. I questioned her further and she showed me the paperwork. The roof was 12 year old and had a 2 year warranty. she explained that the first roof lasted 30 years and then they put on the "new" one.

John Kogel
04-15-2016, 09:27 AM
Even the ridge caps are kaka. Somebody got screwed big time, I'm afraid.

Lon Henderson
04-17-2016, 02:32 PM
I have a fixer-upper that I'm rehabbing. An old friend and roofer replaced the shingles and added some turtle vents that the attic needed. I ran by there after his crew finished and noticed that the vents were on the roof but no corresponding holes in the roof deck. When he got back to me, he joked that in Colorado we need to hold the heat in. He said that his foreman told the "new" guy where to put the vents and the guy did, but the guy didn't know that he also had to cut holes. The foreman came out and made repairs. My roofer said it was getting tough to find good workman. The good ones are going into business for themselves and he is perpetually training guys.

John Kogel
04-18-2016, 01:18 PM
Yes they need to learn the fine art of chopping vent holes in an OSB roof, using only the hammer. ;)