PDA

View Full Version : When one is not enough..........

Gary Burnett
04-19-2016, 05:07 PM
Today's inspection of a remodeled Condo. Both master sinks had not 1, not 2 but 3 flex connectors.
Do the Big Box stores sell these just so I can take pictures of them? Maybe when someone croaks from some dread disease caused by rotting toothpaste they will take them off the market. Actually, it's the first thing I look for when inspecting a flip.

Ian Page
04-19-2016, 10:42 PM
Today's inspection of a remodeled Condo. Both master sinks had not 1, not 2 but 3 flex connectors.
Do the Big Box stores sell these just so I can take pictures of them? Maybe when someone croaks from some dread disease caused by rotting toothpaste they will take them off the market. Actually, it's the first thing I look for when inspecting a flip.

I had a 'loud' discussion a couple of weeks ago with a guy in an orange apron. His quote, "...Well, we sell a ton of 'em, so they must be okay. We wouldn't sell them otherwise." I asked him if he had any plumbing experience? His reply, " That's above my pay grade, I usually work in Garden and landscaping". So much for quality consumer advice.

Dom D'Agostino
04-20-2016, 04:28 AM
The first things I look for in a flip are the missing permits and half-a$$ workmanship.... the accordion drain pipes kind of stand out and lend to self-discovery soon enough. ;)

Dom.