PDA

View Full Version : Wannabe/Newbie AZ Inspector

Steven Wikoff
08-17-2016, 08:16 AM
So I live in the DFW area in Texas; wanting to relocate to Phoenix area. Hoping to read posts and discover if becoming a Home Inspector is a good investment for eventual self-employment. I have had some experience working with licensed inspectors in the past and seeing their reports, but have primarily a sales/entrepreneurial/marketing-type background.

I also had an inspection company here in DFW say if I become licensed in AZ, they will consider me for a job running their branch office expansion into Phoenix with 5 inspectors added in the first year. Trying to decide if I go through all the licensing investment upfront, should I work for them or be on my own? It seems to me if I go through all of the investment upfront, I might as well work for myself at that point...

AHIT says it is a great and growing market, but I know they are a bit biased to get me to sign-up for their training.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks!

Brian Hannigan
08-17-2016, 08:19 AM
Hello Steven Wikoff,

I'm Brian Hannigan and I am the creator of InspectionNews

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your visit here at InspectionNews and if there is anything I can help you with just let me know.

As a "Thank You" for making your first post I have a gift for you. You can pick it up at:
Send Your Free Card (http://www.SendYourFreeCard.com)