PDA

View Full Version : Looking for HI classroom (not online) courses on any related subject. Any Ideas ?

Perry Lombard
09-02-2016, 08:25 AM
Virginia requires classroom (not online) training for Licensing.

The only requirement is that the material must be what is covered in the NHIE exam.

I need about 18-20 hours of training to compete the state licensing requirements.

Any ideas for sources for live classroom training.

Thanks

Perry

Claude Lawrenson
09-02-2016, 11:53 AM

The only requirement is that the material must be what is covered in the NHIE exam.

I need about 18-20 hours of training to compete the state licensing requirements.

Thanks

Perry

Have you looked into a local or possibly state college? Many colleges appear to offer some courses for training home inspectors. Of course there also may be some other "private" trainers that may be your state standards.

Jerry Peck
09-02-2016, 03:30 PM
Have you looked into a local or possibly state college? Many colleges appear to offer some courses for training home inspectors. Of course there also may be some other "private" trainers that may be your state standards.

Additionally, and it would depend on what the state requires and allows for the trainers and the courses (i.e, do the trainers have to be 'approved trainers' and do the courses have to be 'approved courses').

If the regulations do not specify that a course or trainer requires being "approval by the state", go out with another inspector and "train each other" at an "on-site training classroom" about the requirements of the NHIE and what you are looking at on-site in that house which is serving as your classroom.

Gunnar Alquist
09-02-2016, 03:34 PM
Home inspector associations provide annual conferences. ASHI has one coming up in January in Vegas.

Scott Patterson
09-02-2016, 06:08 PM

Thanks

Perry

Hi Perry,

18-20 hours is not going to cover what you need to know. The ASHI School Home Inspection Classes - Hands-On Training | The ASHI School (http://www.theashischool.com) has a one week class. This is just the basics, with this class you get study books including the NHIE Study Guide and test taking guide. Prior to this class you have about 40 hours of home study and online study. It is called the ASHI Fast Track Class. Right now I think this class is offered in Columbus OH and Nashville TN. I instruct for the Nashville School.

Perry Lombard
09-02-2016, 06:55 PM
Jerry,

Good idea.. thanks

Additionally, and it would depend on what the state requires and allows for the trainers and the courses (i.e, do the trainers have to be 'approved trainers' and do the courses have to be 'approved courses').

If the regulations do not specify that a course or trainer requires being "approval by the state", go out with another inspector and "train each other" at an "on-site training classroom" about the requirements of the NHIE and what you are looking at on-site in that house which is serving as your classroom.

Lisa Endza
02-17-2017, 12:53 AM
InterNACHI is providing the approved Virginia class: https://www.nachi.org/school/internachi-university/live-classes-at-the-internachi-school/