PDA

View Full Version : Out for 6-12 weeks.... Vacation time

Marc M
11-01-2016, 08:23 PM
Broke my femur Sunday, operated Monday, Walking (on crutches) 3 hours after surgery. Now Im just home, and what sucks is that I hate watching TV.

Jim Luttrall
11-01-2016, 08:26 PM
Broke my femur Sunday, operated Monday, Walking (on crutches) 3 hours after surgery. Now Im just home, and what sucks is that I hate watching TV.

Sorry for you man. I hope you have some good disability insurance.

Jerry Peck
11-01-2016, 08:56 PM
Sorry to hear that.

Injuries are never good, injuries which put you out of work are worse, and injuries which put you out of work for that long are even worse.

Hope you get better sooner than predicted.

Bummer, man.

Marc M
11-02-2016, 08:29 AM
Sorry for you man. I hope you have some good disability insurance.

Thank you Gents. Ya my DI isnt the best and won't last through my injury if it goes 12 weeks.
We've been doing 75% contracting so we don't need to do inspections really. Nor do I need to pick up a hammer. Im just glad my pointing finger wasn't broke. :p

Marc M
12-09-2016, 11:11 PM
Green light to start walking and ditch the crutches today, ready to go. I used this machine called an Exogen ultrasound machine, sped up the bone healing process significantly. Dr said by at least 2 or more weeks on this injury. Whatever, Ill take it.

Jack Feldmann
12-10-2016, 04:43 AM
Glad to hear the healing is going well. I'm sure you are going stir crazy.

ROBERT YOUNG
12-10-2016, 06:21 AM
Sorry to hear that.
How did you break your femur? Ladder?

Jerry Peck
12-10-2016, 06:44 AM
Did you say you got the green light to start walking and kicking butts again ... :D

Gunnar Alquist
12-11-2016, 10:53 AM
Broke your femur while watching TV? You're more talented than I am. :pop2:

(I know - not really, but it's almost funny that way)

I do feel bad for you Marc.

Marc M
12-12-2016, 09:48 AM
Im one of those "cyclists" but not the kind that rides in the middle of the road... lol
I broke it when I crashed in a traffic accident. Luckily there was a firetruck within 20 feet of the accident so they were quick to make sure nobody ran me over because I was unable to walk.

Gunnar that would be pretty amazing in and of itself huh...Although it would have been a much softer landing without any road rash...

Sorry JP, unable to kick any butt at the moment... just trying to learn how to walk all over again.

ROBERT YOUNG
12-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the explanation.
Must be hard driving to an inspection with a ladder on your bicycle.;)

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
01-22-2017, 07:35 PM
cut my knee open last august working my weekend golf job--tripped going down stairs and leaped to avoid concrete to grass--thought I made it but ripped knee on landscaping iron--infected 3 hour operation out 6 weeks but lucky collected workmans comp--get well soon buddy

cvf

ROBERT YOUNG
01-22-2017, 08:21 PM
All the best Charlie, get well.

Marc M
01-28-2017, 12:29 AM
cut my knee open last august working my weekend golf job--tripped going down stairs and leaped to avoid concrete to grass--thought I made it but ripped knee on landscaping iron--infected 3 hour operation out 6 weeks but lucky collected workmans comp--get well soon buddy

cvf
Wow thats crazy. 6 weeks will go by fast. Just think of it as a stay-cation... work on your marketing huh?

Jerry Peck
01-28-2017, 07:05 AM
You guys keep finding unnecessary ways to get some time off.

Hope you heal up for a fast and good recovery, Charlie.

Gunnar Alquist
01-28-2017, 12:02 PM
CVF,

The pic was kind of unnecessary. I almost yakked on my computer! :cool::cool:

ROBERT YOUNG
01-28-2017, 01:50 PM
Gunner, I was hoping for total recall 11.
I was totally waiting for a video to follow.
I thought the knee was just the start of the sequel and we would eventually see Kuato, only the little guy would protrude from the knee.

33270....................................http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_inspection/attachment.php?attachmentid=33269&stc=1