PDA

View Full Version : Death in the family

Brian Hannigan
12-05-2016, 04:11 PM
It is with great sadness that I let you know that my mother, Kevin Hannigan Fuller (yes, her name was Kevin) passed away on Tuesday the 29th.

It was unexpected and her decline had been going on for about 3 weeks, not knowing or thinking that death would be the end result. My brother, sister and I were with her 24/7 for the past 3 weeks and we were all with her when she passed away.

She had been in for "routine" heart surgery (ablation) and had reactions to some meds after that. There were many unexpected twists and complications and in the end we found out that she had cancer that had spread to her bone marrow, liver and other parts of her body. Blood tests before the surgery did not indicate any issues but she had battled cancer two other times in her life.

So for those of you who noticed I had been a bit absent or not returning email or calls in a timely manner, taking care of my mom is the reason why.

Raymond Wand
12-05-2016, 04:14 PM
Condolences to you and your family Brian.

Dominic Maricic
12-05-2016, 04:56 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that Brian. I wish you the best during this hard time. If you need anything, you know how to get a hold of me.

Jim Robinson
12-05-2016, 05:15 PM
Sorry to hear the news. My condolences.

Jerry Peck
12-05-2016, 05:33 PM
My condolences - news like that is never good, even if expected, but especially when unexpected.

ROBERT YOUNG
12-05-2016, 05:42 PM
My deepest condolences to you and your loving family Brian.
Robert

BARRY ADAIR
12-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Brian our condolences to you, your family and all of Kevin's loved ones

Garry Sorrells
12-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Will have you and your family in my prayers. The loss of a boy's mother is one of the is one of the hardest things in life to deal with, God be with you.

Gregory Booth
12-06-2016, 06:23 AM
.........my condolences on your loss. Best to you and your family........Greg

John Toth
12-16-2016, 08:42 PM
It is with great sadness that I let you know that my mother, Kevin Hannigan Fuller (yes, her name was Kevin) passed away on Tuesday the 29th.

It was unexpected and her decline had been going on for about 3 weeks, not knowing or thinking that death would be the end result. My brother, sister and I were with her 24/7 for the past 3 weeks and we were all with her when she passed away.

She had been in for "routine" heart surgery (ablation) and had reactions to some meds after that. There were many unexpected twists and complications and in the end we found out that she had cancer that had spread to her bone marrow, liver and other parts of her body. Blood tests before the surgery did not indicate any issues but she had battled cancer two other times in her life.

So for those of you who noticed I had been a bit absent or not returning email or calls in a timely manner, taking care of my mom is the reason why.

I lost my mom when I was three years old. I still miss her 57 years later.

- - - Updated - - -

Will have you and your family in my prayers. The loss of a boy's mother is one of the is one of the hardest things in life to deal with, God be with you.

I'll second that emotion. I lost my mom when I was three years old I still miss her 57 years later.

david shapiro
12-17-2016, 06:36 AM
Sorry to hear it. Sudden loss is shocking--both my parents died suddenly, unexpectedly, and I didn't get the opportunity to say things that I would have liked to. But then we may realize there's more that didn't get said, after the death, even when we know someone is about to die. It was part of my grieving.

I also have relatives who lost their parents through repeated strokes that each time reduced them a little more; and friends whose relatives got cut away by metastasing, recurring cancer. At first the response was, "We'll fight this, and you'll get your normal life back." Eventually it was just holding on to the raft for a little more time, till eventually they drowned. I'm glad your mother and you didn't suffer through that sort of experience.

Tom Rees
12-17-2016, 06:43 AM
My condolences. We lost our Mom this year and I know what your going through. Peace be with you.

Chris Weekly
12-17-2016, 08:41 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, Brian.
Moms are wonderful people, we love them to pieces, and will always remember their love for us...
My condolences to you and your family

Bronson Beisel
12-18-2016, 06:10 PM
I'm sorry to hear this new, Brian. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

William McElheny
12-18-2016, 09:28 PM
My condolences to you and your family.

Rocket Gal
12-19-2016, 09:57 AM
Sorry about your mom.

Phil brody
12-20-2016, 06:56 AM
Very sorry to hear of your loss.

marcia welling
12-22-2016, 08:32 AM
[QUOTE=Brian Hannigan;270256]It is with great sadness that I let you know that my mother, Kevin Hannigan Fuller (yes, her name was Kevin) passed away on Tuesday the 29th.

33110[:sorry: My condolences to you and yours. My mother passed on the 28th of Dec, 2009 after a 3 week bout of pneumonia. Same thing - none of us expected her to die from it. She was on antibiotics and it looked like she was getting better. I was the last to talk to her. I had called her and she talked a few seconds and then stopped. She let go of a deep sigh (I thought), but it was her last breath. So sad. I still miss her. I will pray for your mother. She looks happy and full of joy. God Bless you.]

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Brian Hannigan;270256]It is with great sadness that I let you know that my mother, Kevin Hannigan Fuller (yes, her name was Kevin) passed away on Tuesday the 29th.

33110[:sorry: My condolences to you and yours. My mother passed on the 28th of Dec, 2009 after a 3 week bout of pneumonia. Same thing - none of us expected her to die from it. She was on antibiotics and it looked like she was getting better. I was the last to talk to her. I had called her and she talked a few seconds and then stopped. She let go of a deep sigh (I thought), but it was her last breath. So sad. I still miss her. I will pray for your mother. She looks happy and full of joy. God Bless you.]

- - - Updated - - -

Ronald Kornmiller
12-23-2016, 03:55 PM
So sorry for your loss.

Robert Gaspy
12-27-2016, 07:28 PM
Brian,
All my sympathy to you and very sorry for your loss.

QUOTE=Brian Hannigan;270256]It is with great sadness that I let you know that my mother, Kevin Hannigan Fuller (yes, her name was Kevin) passed away on Tuesday the 29th.

33110[/QUOTE]