PDA

View Full Version : Black around fire alarms what is this?

Amanda Stewart
01-03-2017, 01:55 PM
3318133182 I live In Govorment apartments and i just seen this black and i went and told them and they said it was nothing and i have never seen this every and didnt think it was safe or right and i just wanted to get some information of what it is

Brian Hannigan
01-03-2017, 01:58 PM
Hello Amanda Stewart,

I'm Brian Hannigan and I am the creator of InspectionNews

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your visit here at InspectionNews and if there is anything I can help you with just let me know.

As a "Thank You" for making your first post I have a gift for you. You can pick it up at:
http://www.SendYourFreeCard.com

Raymond Wand
01-04-2017, 05:06 AM
It's most likely dirty air being pulled in through the hole in the wall where the wiring comes through. Even more so if their is a void in the insulation in the wall and/or the wall is an outside wall. Air can be pulled in through such holes when an exhaust fan is run, winds, or unit is under negative pressure due to prevailing winds.

Amanda Stewart
01-04-2017, 11:16 AM
It's most likely dirty air being pulled in through the hole in the wall where the wiring comes through. Even more so if their is a void in the insulation in the wall and/or the wall is an outside wall. Air can be pulled in through such holes when an exhaust fan is run, winds, or unit is under negative pressure due to prevailing winds. thank you very much!