PDA

View Full Version : @ 2" ceiling plate?

Al Roden
01-06-2017, 12:21 PM
Anyone know what this thing on the breakfast area ceiling is - it's about two inches in diameter and is in a few other rooms too.

Raymond Wand
01-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Glass breakage detector for central alarm system.

Al Roden
01-06-2017, 12:55 PM
Glass breakage detector for central alarm system.

Thanks Raymond!

Curtis Kind
01-11-2017, 07:01 PM
Many newer homes have fire sprinkler heads covered by plastic caps. They pop off when the system activates.

- - - Updated - - -

Many newer homes have fire sprinkler heads covered by plastic caps. They pop off when the system activates.

John Gonzalez
01-11-2017, 10:48 PM
Yes sir! You find those in most multi-family units! And some homes.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes sir! You find those in most multi-family units! And some homes.

Walter Rose
01-17-2017, 11:12 AM
I've seen something like that without the holes in it. One in the kitchen, one in the living room. They were the capped off lift point for a manufactured building. Look on the outside roof above the cap to find out for sure. There will be a raised nipple where the cable passed through. It should be capped off; if it's not... it will leak. (I'm aware another forum member identified it as a glass breakage sensor... it probably is... just putting in my two cents worth).

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen something like that without the holes in it. One in the kitchen, one in the living room. They were the capped off lift point for a manufactured building. Look on the outside roof above the cap to find out for sure. There will be a raised nipple where the cable passed through. It should be capped off; if it's not... it will leak. (I'm aware another forum member identified it as a glass breakage sensor... it probably is... just putting in my two cents worth).

Walter Rose
01-17-2017, 01:37 PM