PDA

View Full Version : Are you networking with realtors? If so, how?

Aaron Lichtenauer
02-03-2017, 11:56 AM
I know networking with realtors and different brokers can have a great impact on the success of your business.

How many of you are networking with different realtors in your service areas?

What is your approach? Walk-in, calling, meetups, etc.

Are you taking anything in to there offices and if so what?

Thanks

ROBERT YOUNG
02-03-2017, 01:59 PM
I know networking with realtors and different brokers can have a great impact on the success of your business.
Whose financial success?

Sometimes I am referred from a list, others refer me personally, but I do not network with REA.

Want to hear what happened to my first six approaches in 2010?
What's a deal killer? Very derogatory statement if you ask me. Whats black listed?

Lets just say, they know me and we will leave it at that.;)

None at the moment, but in time. I have got to know about a dozen professionals.

Thanks
You are welcome.

Raymond Wand
02-03-2017, 02:57 PM
I don't network with Realtors, save for two, that immediately come to mind. Maybe a handful over the years. Now that I am 60 I find that the agents that I started with back 27 years ago are either dead or retired.

ROBERT YOUNG
02-03-2017, 04:00 PM
You been at this 27 years Ray?

Raymond Wand
02-03-2017, 04:09 PM
I am wrong its 26 years, either way its a long time. More time behind me than in front of me. ;)

ROBERT YOUNG
02-03-2017, 04:23 PM
I am wrong its 26 years, either way its a long time. More time behind me than in front of me. ;)
You know what they say, "he value of experience is not in seeing much, but in seeing wisely.";)

Wishing you many more buddy!

Markus Keller
02-04-2017, 10:32 AM
Aaron, if you are looking to network to increase business that of course is a good idea. Obviously networking with agents is a touch subject around here.
The type of agent networking you are talking about can be very helpful. If the agents find out you are just another checkbox idiot they will be more than happy to refer you. If on the other hand they realize you actually serve your client well, then you'll get a number of referrals in the beginning and then nothing once they realize you don't serve their purposes.
If you want to 'network' with agents do it during inspections. Be nice, answer basic questions not related to the current inspection, give them your card, let them know they can call you if they or their buyer have questions about something, etc. Don't just be mean to them, (even though that's kind of fun sometimes)
Obviously you need to gauge your local market. Here in the City we aren't very reliant on needing agent referrals. Inspectors in the suburbs, especially the further out you go are far more reliant on needing good agent relationships.
In terms of productive marketing you might want to about contacting other inspectors in your area. Many years ago I thought getting to know more about my industry, who works in it and what other people are doing would be a good idea. I started calling around to other inspectors introducing myself, asking if they wanted to meet for coffee or lunch and talk shop.
Some inspectors I called said NO immediately and made it clear they were not interested in getting together with the 'competition'.
Other inspectors were more than happy to get together and talk shop. Over the years a number of us have developed very good friendships and business ties. We have a group of inspectors that stay in regular contact. We send each other work when its busy or a call not necessarily in our area, we refer each other during vacation times, we get together for breakfast and dinner inspector meetings to talk shop, etc.
We are not each others competition. We are each others resource. I tend to do the stuff others don't like to do; one of our guys is essentially the vintage guru, another prefers doing new construction, etc.
You may want to think about putting your time into contacting other inspectors and developing relationships within the industry.

Jerry Peck
02-04-2017, 12:51 PM
Other inspectors were more than happy to get together and talk shop. Over the years a number of us have developed very good friendships and business ties. We have a group of inspectors that stay in regular contact. We send each other work when its busy or a call not necessarily in our area, we refer each other during vacation times, we get together for breakfast and dinner inspector meetings to talk shop, etc.

We are not each others competition. We are each others resource. I tend to do the stuff others don't like to do; one of our guys is essentially the vintage guru, another prefers doing new construction, etc.

When I was in South Florida doing inspections, that is exactly what we did, we formed a local group and met monthly for dinner and a meeting, exchanging information.

The group has several 'loose groups' within the main groups where inspectors who did similar types of inspections would do as Markus said, serve as resources for each, referring business and even working together on larger inspections and project.

Some local inspectors felt as Markus said some there felt - that they did not want anything to do with 'the competition', they were the ones who eventually got mostly left out and behind because they chose to stay out of the group and 'do their own thing'.

The market has changed a lot since I retired, which was just before the recession, but getting to know other local inspectors and help each other will never be a 'bad thing' for all involved - each person brings information to the group that others do not have.

Marc M
02-08-2017, 10:51 PM

Thanks
Not me... NEVER. Realtors Suck.

Lisa Endza
02-16-2017, 12:13 AM

Yeah, what they want in Ohio. You are in Ohio Aaron, correct? You can give all the real estate agents in Ohio free access to the approved courses they need to keep their real estate licenses: https://www.nachi.org/ohio-division-real-estate-licensing-education-approval.htm

It's all free.

You'll need marketing cards to alert them that they now no longer have to sit through a class or travel or pay. Here are those cards to use: Free Real Estate Agent Marketing Cards (Pack of 50) (http://www.inspectoroutlet.com/agent-marketing-cards.aspx)

The cards are free too.