PDA

View Full Version : Use your camera as a step ladder.

Garry Sorrells
02-22-2017, 07:22 PM
Often you can use your camera to extend your view of things. At atimes you may pick up something that you may have missed otherwise.

Jerry Peck
02-22-2017, 08:12 PM
Another good use for your camera (works great with cell phone camera) is as a magnifying glass - zoom in, make sure it focuses, take the photos, then zoom in on the photo.

I do not recommend using cell phone cameras as your primary camera, but do recommend cell phone cameras as special use cameras.

They make very good magnifying glasses and for places you can't see or get a regular digital camera to - can't read that nameplate ... turn your cell phone camera to the screen and use the screen as a mirror, then take a photo when you see what you want in the screen.

Garry Sorrells
02-23-2017, 06:40 AM
The pict is something that a competent HI missed on an inspection. Just demonstrates what an extra 3 feet of height does for what you can pick up.

Jerry Peck
02-23-2017, 06:52 AM
The pict is something that a competent HI missed on an inspection. Just demonstrates what an extra 3 feet of height does for what you can pick up.

While either of the right two NM cable connectors should be able to be seen by looking up into the panel (one would show too many cables in the connector and the other would show an opening without a connector), I agree that it is easier to see from above.

Jim Port
02-23-2017, 07:28 AM

How high was the panel?

Garry Sorrells
02-23-2017, 09:44 AM
Not sure, but 6ft I think.