PDA

View Full Version : Inspectors Down-Under

Larry Blowers
04-17-2017, 01:57 PM
Hi all, I am a building inspector in New Zealand. Just wondering if there are any others from down here and if there is anything similar to InspectionNews in New Zealand or Australia?

Brian Hannigan
04-17-2017, 02:10 PM
Hello Larry Blowers,

I'm Brian Hannigan and I am the creator of InspectionNews

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your visit here at InspectionNews and if there is anything I can help you with just let me know.

As a "Thank You" for making your first post I have a gift for you. You can pick it up at:
http://www.SendYourFreeCard.com

Jerry Peck
04-17-2017, 03:20 PM
Here's a welcome from Up Above to Down Under ... :) ... glad to have you aboard.

ROBERT YOUNG
04-17-2017, 03:44 PM
Hello Larry Blowers, from down under.
Love to hear how you guys erect homes, material used, and the all important codified.
Jump in and chat. Looking forward to it!

Best.
Robert

Gunnar Alquist
04-18-2017, 11:34 AM
Hi Larry,

I'm curious... Do you have to build to seismic/earthquake standards througout NZ? I remember the big quake in Christchurch on the South Island a few years back, Wellington had one a long while ago and Rotorua is known for the hot springs, so I assume seismic activity at least in parts of the North Island, but I was wondering if it was throughout the islands or just specific areas.

For instance, water heaters in CA have to be braced against seismic movement, unreinforced masonry structures are a no-no and nearly every building (in my area) has to have an engineer approve the plans. Makes for expensive buildings, but it should save lives.