PDA

View Full Version : ...what happened to TIJ?

jim baird
04-25-2017, 09:22 AM
The other, smaller, more collaborative forum for this niche of interest has dropped off the web. Que paso, amigos?

Jerry Peck
04-25-2017, 12:57 PM
"
TIJ is finally in the process of getting a long awaited make over. The conversion isn't complete just yet, but we are working on it. Where are the Gigs of images from the old posts? Still uploading... and they won't show up until the SSL cert is applied as the image urls are https now. You will probably notice a bit of code that didn't get completely converted yet but we got most of it. Topic attribution points to the first reply and will be corrected eventually. We lost a couple weeks of posts, sorry but it couldn't be helped. Use the Forgot Password function to reset your passwords and get to know some of the new features. Leave your questions and comments in the Feedback forum.
"

jim baird
04-25-2017, 01:12 PM
"
TIJ is finally in the process of getting a long awaited make over. The conversion isn't complete just yet, but we are working on it. Where are the Gigs of images from the old posts? Still uploading... and they won't show up until the SSL cert is applied as the image urls are https now. You will probably notice a bit of code that didn't get completely converted yet but we got most of it. Topic attribution points to the first reply and will be corrected eventually. We lost a couple weeks of posts, sorry but it couldn't be helped. Use the Forgot Password function to reset your passwords and get to know some of the new features. Leave your questions and comments in the Feedback forum.
"

Thanks for the reply, Jerry. Did not know you were a part of it.

Jerry Peck
04-25-2017, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the reply, Jerry. Did not know you were a part of it.

I'm not ... not only am I not part of it, Mikey personally disinvited me before he got it up and running ... I just read your post, did a Google search for the inspectors journal, and clicked on a link - that quote is what came up on their page.

No disrespect for TIJ (never visited it before) ... all I know about it to disrespect it is that Mikey is connected to it ... if that helps clear it up.

Seems to me that Mikey would have created a folder within the server, uploaded all the files, made sure that it all worked properly, then moved the files to the front to replace what was there ... without causing the site to 'go dead' while he worked on it.

I would have figured Mikey had that ability ... guess he didn't?

jim baird
04-25-2017, 06:08 PM
I'm not ... not only am I not part of it, Mikey personally disinvited me before he got it up and running ... I just read your post, did a Google search for the inspectors journal, and clicked on a link - that quote is what came up on their page.

No disrespect for TIJ (never visited it before) ... all I know about it to disrespect it is that Mikey is connected to it ... if that helps clear it up.

Seems to me that Mikey would have created a folder within the server, uploaded all the files, made sure that it all worked properly, then moved the files to the front to replace what was there ... without causing the site to 'go dead' while he worked on it.

I would have figured Mikey had that ability ... guess he didn't?

Thanks again,Jerry,for the reply.

I have zero interest in personal disputes etc among online participants.

What I can say about TIJ and my 14 yrs association there is that egos take a back seat to subject matter and that courtesy among the membership usually keeps it professional.

Garry Sorrells
04-25-2017, 06:20 PM
"
"

Jerry, You should have sited the link or named the author and source. I didn't see the quotation marks the first time I read it.

Scott Patterson
04-25-2017, 06:57 PM
I dont think Mike is involved in it any longer. I think Chad Fabry is over it now.

Jerry Peck
04-25-2017, 07:29 PM
Jerry, You should have sited the link or named the author and source. I didn't see the quotation marks the first time I read it.

Excellent point, I should have stated where I copied it from.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think Mike is involved in it any longer. I think Chad Fabry is over it now.

Thanks, Chad is a good guy.

- - - Updated - - -

TI have zero interest in personal disputes etc among online participants.

I gave background only because I was clearing up the 'you didn't know I was part of it' comment.

Bob Elliott
05-09-2017, 07:06 AM
Good riddance.
It was Mikey's personal blog with slanted viewpoints .

John Kogel
05-19-2017, 07:17 PM
TIJ has been upgraded, will live on as long as there is fresh input.

Bob Elliott
05-19-2017, 07:27 PM
TIJ has been upgraded, will live on as long as there is fresh input.

That's the problem. He did not appreciate fresh input. Posted there all the time when a rook and he insisted on a NACHI bash fest. Soon as I objected to some lies he banned me.

Garry Sorrells
05-20-2017, 06:50 AM
The old format of forum worked well. New and improved may be their downfall. :p

ROBERT YOUNG
05-20-2017, 09:10 AM
TIJ? Explain/expand please.

jim baird
05-20-2017, 09:23 AM
TIJ? Explain/expand please.

TIJ is the smaller inspector's forum that I joined in '04. It is, IMHO, less burdened by egomania and personalities.

It focused on content as priority. P*ssing contests got deleted by moderators.

ROBERT YOUNG
05-20-2017, 09:33 AM
Much thanks Jim.

P*ssing contests? Never heard of such things being conducted by insubordinates MB members. ;)
I guess it relieves their pent up anger from swollen prostates.