PDA

View Full Version : New to this site and forum

Paul Lee
04-29-2017, 12:02 PM
Hello everyone! I am new to this site and forum. For starters, I am a fairly recently retired Fire Officer of 18 years from the FDNY in NYC. I worked in the buildings inspections unit my last few years and specialized in fire and city code enforcement and helped to update their BISP Manual to the current NFPA standards. A task that took over a year. Since retiring I moved down to Florida with my wife and have started "getting my feet wet" in the residential home inspections field. Private dwellings are not inspected on a normal basis (in NYC) so this is fairly new for me. I look forward to hearing from everyone and welcome any constructive criticism in the future with the exception of "why the heck did you move down to this heat swamp..." ;) Haha... I have no answer for that one. Thank you all for lending me your ears...

Brian Hannigan
04-29-2017, 12:20 PM
Hello Paul Lee,

I'm Brian Hannigan and I am the creator of InspectionNews

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your visit here at InspectionNews and if there is anything I can help you with just let me know.

As a "Thank You" for making your first post I have a gift for you. You can pick it up at:
http://www.SendYourFreeCard.com

ROBERT YOUNG
04-29-2017, 06:24 PM
Pleasure to meet you, Paul.
Fire Officer. Looking forward to hearing from you.
You mention you are retired. I am still dreaming of freedom 95:-(
Best.
Robert

Paul Lee
04-29-2017, 07:49 PM
Pleasure to meet you, Paul.
Fire Officer. Looking forward to hearing from you.
You mention you are retired. I am still dreaming of freedom 95:-(
Best.
Robert

Good to meet you Robert. Yes, I did 18 years with the FDNY in NYC and retired 2 years ago. I need to do something to keep busy now on my own terms. I see you are from Quebec. I visited Quebec in 2006 during the holidays. We had a wonderful time. Old Quebec is beautiful during that time of year. Look forward to hearing from you here.

ROBERT YOUNG
04-30-2017, 08:44 AM
Good to meet you Robert. Yes, I did 18 years with the FDNY in NYC and retired 2 years ago. I need to do something to keep busy now on my own terms. I see you are from Quebec. I visited Quebec in 2006 during the holidays. We had a wonderful time. Old Quebec is beautiful during that time of year. Look forward to hearing from you here.

Right back at you:-)

Lots for you here. Your info will be invaluable to many.

Quebec is a wonderful province. Much to dohttp://www.montreal.com/tourism/festivals/ in Montreal and surrounding areas any time of the year.

Festivals will be in full swing shortly.
Big birthday as well.

Talk/discuss :blah:or even argue points at the ready:peep:... Always flogging the poor horse at times...:deadhorse: Mostly great fun...:bounce::pound: even watchen...:pop2:

Get involved and win first prize as we move along. :first:

Thanks for he reply. See U on the MB.:whoo: