PDA

View Full Version : Condo building with commercial garage door- electric eye placement

chris brown
05-09-2017, 11:42 AM
Does anyone call-out the electric eye being too high on commercial style rolling garage doors for larger condo buildings?
Typically I see electric eyes 2' off the ground instead of 6" as is required for residential reversing door sensors.
I am told commercial doors have no law dictating their placement. And I learned 2 sets of sensors can be mounted, one high and one low.
Children and pets can be loose in condo garages just like a residential home.

Stuart Brooks
06-02-2017, 12:38 PM
Does anyone call-out the electric eye being too high on commercial style rolling garage doors for larger condo buildings?
Typically I see electric eyes 2' off the ground instead of 6" as is required for residential reversing door sensors.
I am told commercial doors have no law dictating their placement. And I learned 2 sets of sensors can be mounted, one high and one low.
Children and pets can be loose in condo garages just like a residential home.

Been out of things for a while but I don't recall anything in the federal regulations (U.S.) differentiating residential or commercial installations. The regulations and manufacturer's installation instructions are (or were) the controlling documents.