PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Bridget Bergeron
12-18-2007, 08:03 PM
:)
Just wanted to introduce myself
I am new to the home inspection circuit so bear with me.
I live ion Florida where you don't have to have a certification as of yet.
But I want to get knowledge under my belt before i do anything.
So if I ask a stupid question set me straight as I can stand constructive criticism
Bridget
Inspector54:p

Billy Stephens
12-18-2007, 08:28 PM
Welcome to the Circuit,

Bruce Breedlove
12-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Welcome. There's always room fror another BB.

Jerry Peck
12-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Bridget,

What part of Florida?

If you added it to your 'Location' it would help answer some questions we might have.

Tony Mount
12-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Bridget welcome to the board. I 'am always curious as to why a woman would like to become an Home Inspector. I myself, like the idea and in fact had one working with me for awhile. Most women do not like crawlspaces and roofs but seem to be OK with the rest of the process. What is your back ground, if you don't mind telling us. Welcome again, Tony Mount

John Arnold
12-19-2007, 09:00 AM
:)
Just wanted to introduce myself
I am new to the home inspection circuit so bear with me.
I live ion Florida where you don't have to have a certification as of yet.
But I want to get knowledge under my belt before i do anything.
So if I ask a stupid question set me straight as I can stand constructive criticism
Bridget
Inspector54:p
Hi Bridget. Welcome! There is a ton of info to be found on the old inspection news archive:
InspectionNews.com - Home Inspection Home (http://www.inspectionnews.com/cgi-bin/ubb-cgi/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&category=1) . Searching the archive takes a little patience, but it's worth it.

James Straley
12-21-2007, 03:04 PM
My name is James Straley from Bend, (Central) Oregon.
I have been a licensed Or. Home inspector for 5-1/2 years now.
Just joined this forum, and thought I'd give it a whirl.
I was with The 'American Institute of Inspectors" assn. for 5 years, but currently I belong to no outside assocIation. (Flyin solo.0

I look forward to many interesting times on this thread...
Thanks in Advance...

James Straley
ADVANCE NOTICE INSPECTIONS, LLC
Bend, Or. ani@bendcable.com

Billy Stephens
12-21-2007, 03:27 PM
Welcome James,

Come on in and look around. :)

Tony Mount
12-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Welcome to the board James, Hope you don't get bored.

Erby Crofutt
12-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Welcome to both Bridget and James.

Learn how to "Search" this board and the old archive at inspectionnews.com. Lot's of good stuff in there that'll likely never be repeated. Search is easy after you learn how.

Read a lot. Just learn to skip the bullshit. There is a bit of it.

I hope y'all enjoy as much as most of us do.

Here's a couple of advice threads that'll help you get started.

Equipment List - InspectionNews.com (http://inspectionnews.com/ubb/Forum16/HTML/000100.html)

What tools do you carry? - InspectionNews.com (http://inspectionnews.com/ubb/Forum16/HTML/000003.html)

And for kicks, my take on startup with some additonal links.

Real Estate Blog - Kentucky Home Inspector Startup (http://activerain.com/blogsview/130362/Kentucky-Home-Inspector-Startup)

Bridget Bergeron
01-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Bridget,

What part of Florida?

If you added it to your 'Location' it would help answer some questions we might have.

North Port

Bridget Bergeron
01-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Bridget welcome to the board. I 'am always curious as to why a woman would like to become an Home Inspector. I myself, like the idea and in fact had one working with me for awhile. Most women do not like crawlspaces and roofs but seem to be OK with the rest of the process. What is your back ground, if you don't mind telling us. Welcome again, Tony Mount

Grew up on a farm.
Was a single mother had to fix everything myself from hanging a door to changing locks in the wall.I am a jack of all trades.As for crawlspaces,no bother I grew up where we had musty old basement with spiders in it and in the winter you had to go in the crawl space to get the water pipes thawed.
I had been a vendor rep in the flooring dept at HD for a company out of Ga.
I am a Florida Notary,Client Intake Investigator (WC &PI),Field Inspector,Merchandiser,demo's and hoping to add Home Inspections to the list.
My husband is in construction and it is so horrible for work we will be starting a business soon as I take him on my jobs and he learns my system.
And I am in my second year of college to get my associates degree.:D