PDA

View Full Version : How would you write this up?

Jim McClendon
01-05-2008, 08:34 AM
How would your write this up?

Eric Barker
01-05-2008, 09:16 AM
If I'm seeing this correctly, there's a steel plate bridge the gap between the two vertical pieces. It also looks like this setup has been there for several years. That being the case, I would write that it's an unorthodox installation yet appears to be functioning as intended. If its held up the test of time I don't think I'd make an issue of it.

Dom D'Agostino
01-05-2008, 09:38 AM
it's an unorthodox installation yet appears to be functioning as intended.

Yes, if they intended to use random scraps of construction debris as shims for piers, I agree. ;)

Jerry McCarthy
01-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Jim
I would describe it as “unique.” However, you gotta know that “unique” can mean a lot of things and in this case it looks like a classic CF. PVC drain line piping improperly supported and if this where in seismic country, well … enough said.

wayne soper
01-06-2008, 06:27 AM
Does that drain line go up in between two sections? And if it does why. I would call it as improper for sure.
But I would write it up as follows. " Welcome to Poland"

John Arnold
01-06-2008, 06:37 AM
But I would write it up as follows. " Welcome to Poland"

And waste a perfectly good opportunity to insult the inhabitants of Arkansas? Geez, Wayne. Polish jokes are so last century.

Nick Ostrowski
01-06-2008, 08:11 AM
That does it Wayne. I'm calling my relatives and we're making a trip to Connecticut to set you straight. ;)

Alton Darty
01-06-2008, 05:37 PM
And waste a perfectly good opportunity to insult the inhabitants of Arkansas? Geez, Wayne. Polish jokes are so last century.

Geez John, that was kinda harsh, why does it have to be Arkansas? We just got indoor plumbing & such, we're still trying to figure out just how it works! ;)

Zibby Swieca
01-06-2008, 05:46 PM
I’m Polish

William Brady
01-07-2008, 07:44 PM
You guys spend so much time trying to be funny :) How about a vapor barrier. In door plumbing why here in NM they just chuck it out the door:rolleyes: