PDA

View Full Version : What is the best day to take off?

Tanya Endicott
06-18-2018, 05:10 PM
Trying to figure out what is the least busy day(s) for a home inspector? Any thoughts?

Brian Hannigan
06-18-2018, 05:12 PM
Hi Tanya Endicott and welcome to InspectionNews!

I'm Brian Hannigan and I created InspectionNews.

I hope you find everything you are looking for on this site.

If I can help you in any way just let me know.

InspectionNews has many Member Benefits available to you. Some save you time, others save you money and some do both!

Make sure you view the list of Member Benefits at: http://www.InspectionNews.net/home_inspection/MemberBenefits

Gunnar Alquist
06-18-2018, 06:22 PM
Trying to figure out what is the least busy day(s) for a home inspector? Any thoughts?

Hi Tanya,

That is something that you will probably have to figure out for yourself. In my case, Mondays are generally the busiest with phone calls, so if I am in charge of answering phones, I take Monday afternoon off. Otherwise, I end up working until 10:30 at night. I also tend to not inspect on Friday afternoon. I want to be done at a reasonable hour and Fridays are often taken up with paperwork catch-up.

I also do not work weekends. Too many headaches with weekends. Sellers are home and don't want me in their house at 9:00 am. I have also found that too many weekend inspections cancel at the last minute. If you do choose to inspect on weekends, I recommend charging a premium.

It probably comes down to how hard you are willing to work.

Jack Feldmann
06-19-2018, 12:13 PM
I have taken Fridays off for quite a while. I also started taking Mondays off too. I'm getting toward the end of my career, and winding down.
I don't answer my own phones, so it really doesn't matter much what day I take off.
That said, in the early days, it was 6 days a week, and occasionally 7. One has to determine what they need, and then its pretty easy to to determine how many inspections you need to do to make that goal, and how many days it takes to reach it.

ROBERT YOUNG
06-19-2018, 06:49 PM
While, many inspectors are trying to fill the work week gaps, you appear to have a good problem in-front of you.
Work smarter, not harder. increase your fees to archive a great end goal.