PDA

View Full Version : Docusign.....Who Uses It?

Nick Ostrowski
06-19-2018, 09:07 AM
So I signed up for the trial period on Docusign to see if made sense to pay for a package. It should make the process simple but I had one client say she never received the docusign e-mail I sent. Then I had another one where the docusign notification I got said it was viewed and signed but the signature fields were blank when I opened it.

Not sure if it was just user error on their part or of docusign has some glitches. Any feedback from users would be appreciated. Most of my clients attend the inspections and the ones who do not simply need to print out a copy of the agreement, sign, scan, and e-mail it back to me. I'm leaning toward just sticking with this system as it does not incur any additional operating expenses for me but docusign will.

Gunnar Alquist
06-19-2018, 10:42 AM
Nick,

Generally, I do what you do. Either have the agreement signed at the inspection or emailed back to me. I don't have an account, but on occasion, the agent will do the DocuSign thing for me. I have never had a problem doing it that way.

I have considered subscribing to DocuSign, but have managed to have it work out with the other methods and have not needed it yet.

Markus Keller
06-20-2018, 08:49 AM
I send the agreement to the client a day or two before the inspection. They can sign and send back or I bring a hardcopy with for them to sign. During normal schedules its not an issue. During very busy times it can be a bit of a hassle to print out a copy.
I've also had agents do the docusign for me. Never paid attention to it, have no interest. A fair amount of guys around here use it and like it. Some of them are also the types that complain if they have to talk to a client for 5 minutes because it takes time out of their day. But then again, that's why they need to advertise or suck up to agents.

Nick Ostrowski
06-20-2018, 11:03 AM
Thanks Gunnar and Markus. I'll just left my docusign trial expire and go back to the way I've been doing it when the client will not be present......having them print, sign, scan, and e-mail it to me. 95% of my clients attend the inspection and can sign paperwork in person. No need to pay for an electronic signature system for that 5%.

Jerry Peck
06-20-2018, 01:24 PM
Some pdf programs have a built in electronic signature function (I see them in the tools section, but I've not used them).

Lisa Endza
06-21-2018, 10:42 PM
InterNACHI's free, online agreement system is much better: https://www.nachi.org/onlineagreement.htm

InterNACHI also sends lawyers, at no charge, to defend you if you you use our agreement system and are sued.

Stephanie Jaynes
06-26-2018, 04:17 PM
Nick,

A lot of the inspectors we talk to are gravitating toward electronic signatures. Based on our experience, the most popular tools are DocuSign, ISN, and franchise or association tools. Most inspectors use what works best for their business based on features, customization, and price.

At the end of the day, the most important thing is making sure that you learn your tool of choice well enough to send out agreements in advance to get contracts signed before the inspection whenever possible. And that takes some training.

We did an article about getting pre-inspection agreements signed ahead of time in which a few inspectors shared their techniques, including what tools they used. You can read the article here (https://www.inspectorproinsurance.com/risk_management/why-pre-inspection-agreement/?utm_source=Inspection%20News&utm_medium=Forum&utm_content=Docusign.....Who%20Uses%20It%3F).

Good luck!

Ken Amelin
07-05-2018, 03:41 AM
I use docusign. It works great for my business. It is convenient to use and provides signed contract to remote clients prior to service. Don't have to hassle with snail mail. The only issue I have is that I sometimes get clients that don't know how to use it, but I think it is those that have trouble with electronics and would have problems with any type of e-sign system.

Nick Ostrowski
07-06-2018, 12:00 PM
I let my trial period expire and did not sign up for the pay version. I saw too much user error on the part of my clients in the short time I used it so I decided to stick with what has worked for me for 15 years. I don't have enough clients who do not attend the inspections to make this a worthwhile expense.

Gunnar Alquist
07-06-2018, 06:26 PM
Nick,

What is the cost?

Nick Ostrowski
07-07-2018, 07:50 AM
Nick,

What is the cost?

Prices are on the docusign website but if I recall correctly, the minimum plan which allows up to 5 signed contracts per month is $120.00 and the unlimited one is about $240.00.

Ken Amelin
07-07-2018, 10:47 AM
Prices are on the docusign website but if I recall correctly, the minimum plan which allows up to 5 signed contracts per month is $120.00 and the unlimited one is about $240.00.

5/month is $120.00/Yr.