PDA

View Full Version : condensate drain routing

Jeff Eastman
04-15-2007, 03:35 PM

wayne soper
04-15-2007, 04:04 PM
I would type, Unusal application at a/c condensate drain noted.

Tim Moreira
04-15-2007, 10:19 PM
That to me looks like a homeowner install. The vertical run from the bottom of the ac would most likely need to have a support installed.

I would think a more professional way would be to 45 it over to the house and then run it down the house supporting it at the correct intervals and then elbow it over and out away from the house.

Seeing a pipe just hanging out there in the breeze......just looks...... *unprofessional* like that.

Yes the photo and a note would make my report. It's an eyesore and I would recommend correcting it as I stated above. Just looks terrible like that.

If that was a deed restricted neighborhood, then the ARC (architectural committee/neighborhood Gestapo) people would put you in the monthly news letter. Even thou it is in the back yard. ;)

IMHO

Jerry Peck
04-16-2007, 06:08 AM
I'd give them an 'A' for even thinking about it.

Wall shaker a/c unit's are typically allowed to just drain down wherever the condensate drains down to, staining the wall.

This person figured, 'Hey, I can use that water to water the plants with.'.

Brilliant! :cool:

Mike Schulz
04-16-2007, 01:39 PM
They should put one on all those units. I think it's a good Idea. I would of routed it diffrently but you got to give the guy credit for even doing it.

Even if the fence falls or if the pipe gets damaged the unit still is going to function and drain as designed. It was just a add on.

Richard Rushing
04-16-2007, 01:49 PM
:rolleyes:"This person figured, 'Hey, I can use that water to water the plants with."

JP--That's what I was thinking when I saw the picture. The only problem-o is that the acidity from the condensation will kill the plants. :D

Hey maybe they could direct this into a cistern and put an in-line pump for the sprinkler system and then.... Oh, never mind. :rolleyes:

Rich

John Arnold
04-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Shouldn't be much acidity from an AC unit. That there is distilled H2O - not an exhaust condensate.

Kevin VanderWarf
04-16-2007, 07:27 PM
"acidity from the condensation"

Just where or how does A.C. condensate become acidic?

Eric Barker
04-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Wouldn't make it into my report.