PDA

View Full Version : Pricing your buisiness

Mike Huppi
01-24-2008, 09:19 AM
How do you put a price or valuation on your inspection service do you price it at 1 year gross, 1 years pay that you pay yourself. Any Ideas.

Erby Crofutt
01-24-2008, 09:58 AM
This link can be really helpful.

http://www.costofbusiness.com/

Scott Patterson
01-24-2008, 10:11 AM
How do you put a price or valuation on your inspection service do you price it at 1 year gross, 1 years pay that you pay yourself. Any Ideas.

You could do that, but I believe that most folks would want to see the history of the business over a three to five year period of time.

If you are looking for this information so that you can sell your business you would need take into consideration several more factors to arrive at the market value for a home inspection business.

Jerry Peck
01-24-2008, 11:23 AM
If you are selling your business and you are a one or two man operation, there is little value to sell.

In a service/professional business like ours, 'the operator' is what a client 'buys', and, if you are selling, there is not much for a person to buy other than 'a phone number'. It is then up to them to try to retain as many calls which come in as they can.

Jack Feldmann
01-26-2008, 05:25 AM
In 1994 I sold my 2 1/2 guy business to move to TN. A year and a half ago I bought a single guy business.
I would be happy to discuss it privately if you care to e-mail.
JF

Jon Randolph
01-27-2008, 06:23 PM
In 1994 I sold my 2 1/2 guy business to move to TN. A year and a half ago I bought a single guy business.
I would be happy to discuss it privately if you care to e-mail.
JF

What was the 1/2 guys' job, entering all of the tight crawl spaces and attics?

Jack Feldmann
01-28-2008, 04:32 AM
Funny - I didn't think of it that way. I should have said: 2 full time and one part time.

Come to think of it, one of them was kind of a half-wit.