PDA

View Full Version : TIMBERRRRRRR!!!!!!

Nick Ostrowski
03-08-2019, 02:17 PM
In 16 years of performing home inspections, I've seen my share of things. February 25th a couple weeks ago was a first.

We were having a day of very high winds here in SE Pennsylvania. While at my inspection that morning, I looked at a huge pine tree in the rear yard and thought "man, that sucker is big". About 1.5 hours into the inspection for the couple, the husband is with me in the lower level laundry room and his wife is the next floor up, a short run of steps up to the kitchen/dining room. Out of nowhere, there is an enormous ungodly crash and the entire house shook. The wife yelled "A TREE JUST FELL ON THE HOUSE". She saw it start to come down through the rear dining room window and ran out of the room. It was the same tree I referenced earlier. Looking at the trunk, it had a lot of rot where the break occurred.

Luckily, nobody was hurt. The woman fortunately saw the tree starting to fall so she had time to run into another room. And 1 hour or so before this happened, I was standing on the roof.

Gunnar Alquist
03-08-2019, 02:31 PM
Wow Nick!

Did the homeowner come home and demand to know what you had done? "It was fine before you got here."

:cool:

Nick Ostrowski
03-08-2019, 02:40 PM
Wow Nick!

Did the homeowner come home and demand to know what you had done? "It was fine before you got here."

You know for a split second, I thought "Oh God please don't let it be because of something I did".

Luckily the homeowner now lives in North Carolina and didn't get to come home to this annihilation.

tkaiser1
03-08-2019, 05:10 PM
That'll buff right out..

In 16 years of performing home inspections, I've seen my share of things. February 25th a couple weeks ago was a first.

We were having a day of very high winds here in SE Pennsylvania. While at my inspection that morning, I looked at a huge pine tree in the rear yard and thought "man, that sucker is big". About 1.5 hours into the inspection for the couple, the husband is with me in the lower level laundry room and his wife is the next floor up, a short run of steps up to the kitchen/dining room. Out of nowhere, there is an enormous ungodly crash and the entire house shook. The wife yelled "A TREE JUST FELL ON THE HOUSE". She saw it start to come down through the rear dining room window and ran out of the room. It was the same tree I referenced earlier. Looking at the trunk, it had a lot of rot where the break occurred.

Luckily, nobody was hurt. The woman fortunately saw the tree starting to fall so she had time to run into another room. And 1 hour or so before this happened, I was standing on the roof.

Jerry Peck
03-08-2019, 05:21 PM
Did the agent replace the sign out front with one which said "Fixer Upper"? :)

I can see the new for sale ad wording: Open and airy fixer upper.

Marc M
03-09-2019, 09:32 PM
Wow Nick!

OMG.... right?