PDA

View Full Version : sign out problem

Elizabeth Chambers
04-14-2019, 10:36 PM
When I click the sign out at top of the home page, I used to get a square box asking me if I really wanted to sign out or telling me that I was signed out (cant remember).
Now I get a square box that is white and blank.
I have been signed in for a few days now 24/7.
I want to sign out because of security reasons. Oh what, oh what do I do?

Jerry Peck
04-15-2019, 06:02 AM
I haven't "signed out" in years .. (plural - yes).

Gunnar Alquist
04-15-2019, 08:40 AM
When I click the sign out at top of the home page, I used to get a square box asking me if I really wanted to sign out or telling me that I was signed out (cant remember).
Now I get a square box that is white and blank.
I have been signed in for a few days now 24/7.
I want to sign out because of security reasons. Oh what, oh what do I do?

I believe that signing-out pretty much is just on your computer, not Brian's. Brian's server recognizes your computer and automatically connects you. Therefore, you could try deleting all of your cookies from your browser. Next time you try to get on to any website that has a logon, you will be required to sign-in.

Other than that, I have no idea.

Brian Hannigan
04-15-2019, 08:19 PM
I believe Gunnar is correct, it may be your browser or a cookie issue.

Here is what I get when I click "Log Out".

http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_inspection/attachment.php?attachmentid=34256&stc=1

Duane Nelson
04-17-2019, 07:47 AM
Sign out? My computer has a small red square with a white X in the upper right-hand corner. When I click on it - POOF! Inspection News - gone! :)

Elizabeth Chambers
04-17-2019, 12:40 PM
My security Vipre suggest that you should log off on any site that requires you to Log In. For security reasons that I do not care to know why, I just do it because they say it is safer to do.
I used to get the box pop up that Brian gets when he logs out. I am well aware of the little red x and how it functions.

But now it shows the box but the box is blank, empty and there are no options in it. I stay signed in. I guess I could delete the cookie every time but thats a hassle.