PDA

View Full Version : New Construction - Whoops!

Ken Amelin
05-21-2019, 03:32 AM
Who says there are no problems with new construction?

Dom D'Agostino
05-21-2019, 04:45 AM
I seem to recall that photo from several years ago, posted to show the driveway/garage construction.
I bet many civilians wouldn't notice the issue when looking at the picture.

Gunnar Alquist
05-21-2019, 07:23 AM
My guess is that is not an error, but destined to be a model home. Model homes often do not put the driveways in so the front looks nice and pretty. The driveway goes in when the model sells.

Jerry Peck
05-21-2019, 10:48 AM
My guess is that is not an error, but destined to be a model home. Model homes often do not put the driveways in so the front looks nice and pretty. The driveway goes in when the model sells.

If that was a model home, I would have expected to see French doors and side lites instead of the garage door, or, French doors where the windows are.

Jerry Peck
05-21-2019, 12:11 PM
There's no curb cut out where the driveway would be either, but, yes, that can be done later.

It is also possible that the garage door was originally drawn at the front, but was supposed to be moved to the side, but that never happened during construction and that it wasn't noticed until the driveway was laid out.

Phil brody
05-23-2019, 12:47 AM
There's no curb cut out where the driveway would be either, but, yes, that can be done later.

It is also possible that the garage door was originally drawn at the front, but was supposed to be moved to the side, but that never happened during construction and that it wasn't noticed until the driveway was laid out.

Here they started putting in the ?as configured? garage door about 10 years ago. The wanted people to enter and exit through the front door and not be distracted by a garage entry nor aesthetically confused.Now if there is no curb cut anywhere for the pad ( which could always be added) that might have been a miscommunication.

Scot Laudeman
05-23-2019, 04:45 AM
Isn't that the electric meter next to the second window? That would be a pain to move if the door comes in the side.