PDA

View Full Version : I just don't understand some people

Elizabeth Chambers
10-31-2019, 11:56 AM
I have a friend that has a home with the service panel completely unattatched from the exterior wall of the home. Just hanging there on the conduit that brings the underground wires into it.
I brought it to her attention and explained that it was a dangerous condition.
She looked at me and said,"Oh it's not a big deal, you are sooo parinoid, you need to lighten up".
ahhhhhhhhhj! Really are people that blind to saftey issues?

Egbert Jager
10-31-2019, 01:05 PM
Shocking! :cool:

Gunnar Alquist
11-01-2019, 09:55 AM
I have a friend that has a home with the service panel completely unattatched from the exterior wall of the home. Just hanging there on the conduit that brings the underground wires into it.
She looked at me and said,"Oh it's not a big deal, you are sooo parinoid, you need to lighten up".

E,

These are two of my favorite pics. I just wish I had thought to take high-resolution pictures of them because all I have are the VGA versions.

It's difficult to know which is better, the extension cord at the pool or the Hamms light. But, they are both priceless.

Elizabeth Chambers
11-01-2019, 06:46 PM
Thank's for sharing those Gunnar, my vote is for the extention
cord on the pool light. Oh my! That pic answered my question for sure!

Marc M
03-24-2020, 08:12 PM
Sounds like she's training to be a realtor...

Helenawe
11-05-2020, 12:17 PM
E,

It's difficult to know which is better, the extension cord at the pool or the Hamms light. But, they are both priceless.

the extension cord at the pool :o:o:o

Easier :)

Jerry Peck
11-05-2020, 05:51 PM

The light with the open fitting in the top of the box serving as a funnel to channel water into the box is the best.

Maybe ...

At least it is a non-weatherproof box (it is a handy box with knockout), as the knockouts allow water to drain out before getting too deep.

In looking at the pool light extension cord - is that two cables (one going into the pool light and one back out) or is that two separate single-conductor wires?

That extension cord is actually a decent attempt at making a suicide device with an unknown, as yet to be determined, activation function ... enjoy the pool while waiting for the surprise of your life to happen.

tkaiser1
11-06-2020, 09:59 AM
Are you sure you mean suicide?
"Hey - wanna go for a midnight swim. Hop in while I get drinks..."

That extension cord is actually a decent attempt at making a suicide device with an unknown, as yet to be determined, activation function ... enjoy the pool while waiting for the surprise of your life to happen.[/QUOTE]

Gunnar Alquist
11-06-2020, 10:54 AM
In looking at the pool light extension cord - is that two cables (one going into the pool light and one back out) or is that two separate single-conductor wires?

Jerry,

Frankly, I don't remember. I took that pic many years ago and it's one of those things that IS JUST WRONG. It doesn't really matter what angle. At the time and from my perspective, it really didn't matter what the exact incorrect issue was. It needed to be corrected. Kind of immediately too.

That extension cord is actually a decent attempt at making a suicide device with an unknown, as yet to be determined, activation function ... enjoy the pool while waiting for the surprise of your life to happen.

Or maybe a fun game of pool chicken. Who can get closest to the light without frying?

Jerry Peck
11-06-2020, 01:17 PM
Are you sure you mean suicide?
"Hey - wanna go for a midnight swim. Hop in while I get drinks..."

Yes, suicide.

When one does that and then goes into the pool for a swim ... that is trying to kill oneself, which is suicide. Re-read what I wrote.

Now, if one decided to invite someone else into the pool (your scenario), that would be trying to commit murder, or, if one claimed total stupidity about not grasping how unsafe that was, then maybe the lesser included charge of manslaughter would be appropriate. :D

Zippy Canner
11-25-2020, 08:54 AM
I'm a health worker at Gadsden Health (http://www.gadsdenhealth.org/) and every time we visit some houses for inspection, we usually see things that are dangerous. We told them the things that might happen but, they always ignore us or get mad at us. They will realize that we're right if they had already an accident. :(