PDA

View Full Version : Concrete patio crack and green discoloration in bath cabinet

Bill Henderson
06-05-2020, 06:33 PM
Hello

We are looking at a home and have 2 questions.

Is the crack on concrete patio a cause for concern. Are patios attached to the foundation.
I found a green discoloration under the bathroom cabinet. What does it seem to relate to3473234733

Jerry Peck
06-05-2020, 07:21 PM
What did your home inspector say about those items?

Presuming, naturally, that you had a home inspection ... you did, right?

Bill Henderson
06-05-2020, 08:35 PM
What did your home inspector say about those items?

Presuming, naturally, that you had a home inspection ... you did, right?

we are planning to get a home inspector but we just had a first visit to the home

Jerry Peck
06-06-2020, 05:25 AM
we are planning to get a home inspector but we just had a first visit to the home

Excellent ... and that is the person (the home inspector who has had a up close and personal look the home) who should be answering your questions.

I understand you wanting information about questions you have about a new-to-you home before committing spending money for a home inspector, but ... the most accurate information you will get will come from someone who has seen it.

It is best to 'bite the bullet' and find a good local home inspector, only they can provide the information you are wanting.

Sometimes that information is 'run Forest, run', in which case you will have spent the money for the home inspector very wisely ... and get to do it for another house too.

I understand the reluctance to spend the money until you "are sure" that is the house you want, but ... can you be sure that you "are sure" before having the home inspected?

No.

Elizabeth Chambers
06-14-2020, 05:48 AM
Yes, sometimes and yes.