PDA

View Full Version : Thermography Advertising

Mitchell Meeks
01-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Bought a thermacam and have gone to the training for Level 1. Should have the certificate in a few weeks. Want to start on some advertising: flyers, letters, etc. Anybody have any suggestions?

I am also a GC but I am keeping the camera under my HI. I do not really do home inspections so I rather just push the camera more than anything. Maybe even work with some HI's to help supplement their work. Do not really want to compete against them.

Thanks in advance.

Jerry Peck
01-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Your best bet may be approaching real estate agents and seeking to do some 'on-site training' (i.e., you are doing this 'free' at first) on their listings.

After showing a few of them what you can do, maybe they will have you do 'pre-sale thermography scans'. From them, if you can show your worth, you will build a client base for future referrals.

Don't really know how that will work out, but it's the only thing I can think of which might work for you.

Rick Harrington
01-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Mitchell,

Set up a slide show to teach the local Real Estate agents the basics of Thermal Imaging. Make it 15 minutes tops.

Go to the large offices and offer to present this at their next meeting as you want them to understand this technology as it will be used more and more over the next few years until it's the norm.

Make sure you have info to pass out to them (with you company name on it) so that they can take it back to the office. I have a small booklet bound that contains my slide show and some advertisement on it.

I have a 100% acceptance rate on this right now. :)

by end of next week I will have stood in front of over 120 RE agents to give them information they can use.

With that comes marketing... have brochures and business cards available to leave there.

Hope this helps !!

Brandon Chew
04-01-2008, 08:04 AM
Bought a thermacam and have gone to the training for Level 1. Should have the certificate in a few weeks. Want to start on some advertising: flyers, letters, etc. Anybody have any suggestions?

I am also a GC but I am keeping the camera under my HI. I do not really do home inspections so I rather just push the camera more than anything. Maybe even work with some HI's to help supplement their work. Do not really want to compete against them.

Thanks in advance.

Contact all the local chapters of HI associations that have members within your business area and offer to do a presentation on the use of IR in building inspections.