PDA

View Full Version : Sewer Scope going through Toilet???

Rick Bunzel
12-28-2020, 12:44 PM
I had a realtor tell me that inspectors are now able to use a sewer scope through the toilet without removal. I did a quick Google Search and didn't find anything to confirm this. With fiber optics I think this is possible but at some point the lack of stiffness will work against you.

Anyone know of this?

//Rick

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
12-28-2020, 04:33 PM
Rick

That's news to me - my scoper says that could be really tough on the equipment and they would not do it.
cvf

Markus Keller
12-30-2020, 04:29 PM
Sounds like another agent talking out of their you know what.
Conceivably you could do it. My rigid see snake would probably go through the toilet. Not sure why I would want to do that though. Seems dumb and lazy.
When people tell me odd stuff like that I either let it go or ask a follow up question. In this case something like, wow that's awesome you don't happen to have names or numbers for those guys I would love to give them business'. A questions like that usually makes their assertions fall apart.

Jerry Peck
12-30-2020, 06:52 PM
When people tell me odd stuff like that I either let it go or ask a follow up question. In this case something like, wow that's awesome you don't happen to have names or numbers for those guys I would love to give them business'. A questions like that usually makes their assertions fall apart.

Markus,

That is similar to what I would tell/ask contractors when they would said "Everyone else lets me do that" (or the "no one else makes me do that" variant) ... (me) "Really? That's great. I'll give them a call and find out what it is that they see in the code that I don't. What are some of their names?"

Never got any names of people to call. :shocked: :bounce: