PDA

View Full Version : Filled In Pool Comment

David Coffield
12-30-2020, 01:15 PM
Does anyone have a good comment for a pool that has been filled in. We don't have many pools in this area and I ran across one that has been filled in today. Thanks for the assistance.

Brian Hannigan
12-30-2020, 01:30 PM
Hello David Coffield,

I'm Brian Hannigan and I am the creator of InspectionNews

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your visit here at InspectionNews and if there is anything I can help you with just let me know.

InspectionNews has many Member Benefits available to you. Some save you time, others save you money and some do both!

Make sure you view the list of Member Benefits at: http://www.InspectionNews.net/home_inspection/MemberBenefits

Dom D'Agostino
12-30-2020, 05:39 PM
Does anyone have a good comment for a pool that has been filled in. We don't have many pools in this area and I ran across one that has been filled in today. Thanks for the assistance.

Are you referring to an inground pool?
Yes, disclaim the entire thing, and refer it back to a qualified person.

To properly decommission an abandoned inground pool, several steps are required, and in my area, a building permit is also needed.

At a minimum, holes must be bored through the floor if the concrete or formwork isn't removed (either partially or completely).
Electrical/plumbing need removal or proper termination.
Proper fill must be installed and compacted (frequently done incorrectly).

Since it's already been filled-in, no one is really to able to simply confirm the details. Advise your clients to research the historical data concerning this pool's history or the steps used to "remove" or otherwise fill-in the pool.

David Coffield
12-31-2020, 04:19 PM
Are you referring to an inground pool?
Yes, disclaim the entire thing, and refer it back to a qualified person.

To properly decommission an abandoned inground pool, several steps are required, and in my area, a building permit is also needed.

At a minimum, holes must be bored through the floor if the concrete or formwork isn't removed (either partially or completely).
Electrical/plumbing need removal or proper termination.
Proper fill must be installed and compacted (frequently done incorrectly).

Since it's already been filled-in, no one is really to able to simply confirm the details. Advise your clients to research the historical data concerning this pool's history or the steps used to "remove" or otherwise fill-in the pool.

Thank You!