PDA

View Full Version : How to make extra storage room

Chris Weekly
09-25-2021, 05:41 PM
So the single car garage had a large attic - could be great for storage. Only problem was there was a bunch of wood in the way. A little bit of sawing, putting down some flooring, and a pull-down ladder - and there you have it - extra storage at the garage attic loft. Yeah, all those little metal brackets were a nuisance but a prybar took care of them.

Hmmm. I wonder if I could open up the rest of the house attic this way? Just a bunch of wood....

Gunnar Alquist
09-26-2021, 01:15 PM
So the single car garage had a large attic - could be great for storage. Only problem was there was a bunch of wood in the way. A little bit of sawing, putting down some flooring, and a pull-down ladder - and there you have it - extra storage at the garage attic loft. Yeah, all those little metal brackets were a nuisance but a prybar took care of them.

Hmmm. I wonder if I could open up the rest of the house attic this way? Just a bunch of wood....

I saw that once, but it was above the kitchen and living room. The difference was they put in some teeny collar ties. All good!